SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 38 of 47 < 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 46 47 >
Topic Options
#322944 - 04/26/11 05:16 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Quote:
Can't you do that on the BK-7m or, even the Prelude?

Stop being churlish Ian... we weren't having a go at the T4. We were only discussing our preference for how we like to have our sounds arranged.

#322948 - 04/26/11 05:51 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Now now, temper temper....

if you'd care to look back properly you will find out that Fran was talking directly to me, and I responded directly to him.

this conversation/thread has now moved on from being a discussion of the merits of the module, to users who own them actively trying to help each other out. As you don't own one, and are unlikely to ever own one, I fail to see why you are still here butting in with negativity all the time. Reading around the other threads on these forums, you obviously can't see past the T4. Well good luck with that. I have not said anything against it except perhaps that at £3500 it is very plasticy. Other than that I think it's pretty good, but you seem to want to ram it down our throats.

In this thread you have had little positive to say about the BK7m. You obviously don't like it, so why not move on? Why don't you just leave me and other owners to help each other out in the spirit of human kindness?

I have never known such a defensive, pedantic man. This is my last word on the subject. I will not be drawn into such nonsense anymore.

Edited by Sweentech1 (04/26/11 05:52 PM)
Edit Reason: Spell checker on iPad changed fran's name to Frank

#322949 - 04/26/11 05:51 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

I am not a fan of one touch settings.. frown

Now Fran, even after I was so rudely interrupted, I would still like to know why you don't wish to use One Touch Settings?

Do you find it easier to look on the panel?

Can your factory one touch settings be altered and stored with the style in a user location?

Ian

#322952 - 04/26/11 05:58 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I am not a fan of one touch settings.. frown

Now Fran, even after I was so rudely interrupted, I would still like to know why you don't wish to use One Touch Settings?

Do you find it easier to look on the panel?

Can your factory one touch settings be altered and stored with the style in a user location?

Ian

Yes to all of the above.....Like Chas mentioned I only use a handful of right hand sounds..and I want the same band members with me all night..even if I use a style..I want the same drummer and bass player..same guitar player, same sax guy.....and realtime parts...piano, EP, strings, organ, guitar and scat..sometimes sax, but not like most of you guys that overplay it...just like a real sax player grin

#322954 - 04/26/11 06:07 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Like Chas mentioned I only use a handful of right hand sounds..and I want the same band members with me all night..even if I use a style..I want the same drummer and bass player..same guitar player, same sax guy.....and realtime parts...piano, EP, strings, organ, guitar and scat..sometimes sax, but not like most of you guys that overplay it...just like a real sax player grin

Ha ha...sometimes I wish could overplay it, but I'm like you, and I'm sort of stuck using basically the same sounds...sax, guitar piano strings etc.

Where I find the OTS valuable, is storing another type of Sax, guitar etc...sax players can have a couple of saxes, and guitarists can also use a Tele or a Strat...

Can you alter, and store, the OTS for each style, so you could possibly have another type of sax or guitar at the ready, along with your regular, most used sounds?

Ian

#322968 - 04/26/11 11:26 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ian, all that is easily done on all the other Rolands, so I would expect it to be the same with the module. I haven't gotten mine back yet, and I'm too tired tonight to read the owners manual. It is available free online though.
DonM

#322969 - 04/27/11 12:20 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Ian, all that is easily done on all the other Rolands, so I would expect it to be the same with the module. I haven't gotten mine back yet, and I'm too tired tonight to read the owners manual. It is available free online though.
DonM

Thanks Don...I got most of my question answered...I had downloaded the manual right after I asked Fran about how he used, or in this case, didn't use, the OTS.

Nice little rig, the BK-7m; I hope Hammer gets it working to his satisfaction.

Ian

#323067 - 04/27/11 08:54 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
In any case, I wasn't asking YOU...so butt out, please, and go play in the traffic.

Ian

AND THIS IS THE REPONSE OF A MATURE ADULT ???? BE CAREFUL OF TRAFFIC ... IT CAN POPUP WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.

#323088 - 04/28/11 07:44 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Nigel]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Because I don't sing or play with other musicians the OTS voices are very important to my performances. They add variety and interest to songs for my audiences. The BK7-m will not allow you to change any of the OTS voices and save them.

There is supposed to be a way to change OTS voices and then save the setup as a program but I have not been able to make that work. I have even tried saving the style first in my Gig Set and then trying to change the OTS voices but not with much success. Another problem I am trying to solve is saving the setups in the Music Assistant to my gig list - but I have not found a way to make that happen yet either - but I'am working on it.

By the way, the information posted by John concerning setting up voices on on the A1-A8 Buttons was really very helpful. I am still experimenting with that -nothing useful to report yet.

Deane

Edited by hammer (04/28/11 07:46 AM)

#323092 - 04/28/11 07:57 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer

Because I don't sing or play with other musicians the OTS voices are very important to my performances. They add variety and interest to songs for my audiences. The BK7-m will not allow you to change any of the OTS voices and save them.

Thanks Deane...I do all instrumental music as well, and programmable style + OTS are very important to me as well.

I hope you find a workaround and be able to save a style and relevant voices to a User Program.

Ian

Page 38 of 47 < 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online