SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 47 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47 >
Topic Options
#321096 - 04/07/11 02:13 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Don,
there is a global way to change split point. Go into performance edit page, go to split point and change it to whatever you want. Then go all the way to the bottom of the performance edit selections and you will see "save as default". When you say yes your new split point will be called up if you turn off the BK7m and turn it on again.
(Retired 2021)

#321099 - 04/07/11 02:29 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Don,
there is a global way to change split point. Go into performance edit page, go to split point and change it to whatever you want. Then go all the way to the bottom of the performance edit selections and you will see "save as default". When you say yes your new split point will be called up if you turn off the BK7m and turn it on again.

AAAH-HAAAA! Thanks George, I was missing the Save As Default screen.
The more I play with this thing, the more I like it.
Ain't George great for helping even though I haven't bought anything from him in several years!
BTW, I did try to get this thing from him but I got impatient and found one I could get right away.
DonM

#321104 - 04/07/11 02:51 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
It seems to me that it sounds at least as good as my E80 did.
DonM

Never heard the E80,but being it was the TOTL, I'm getting interested as an add on to the Tyros 2 (or 4 coming up). Wondering how I could make best use of it in conjunction with the other keyboard. Any ideas on that?

I like to use my eight Registration Memory buttons. Is there something similar on the bk7m?

#321107 - 04/07/11 02:58 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
So far, Roland haven't published a Parameter List for this thing, so programming sys-ex strings and controller changes for many of the internal workings is hard to figure out. Hopefully, this will be rectified soon.

I am auditioning the drums and their patterns alone at the moment (any arranger lives or dies on these, as far as I am concerned), and I have to say, two thumbs up! Very punchy, very dynamic, very good use of fills and variations. Defaults are a HAIR more reverb than I like, but I like pretty dry, and let the room itself color the drums (just like they do a real drummer) so I imagine most others will be happy.

You know, I hate to say this, but I prefer some of the kits in here (or at least the way the style programmer has used them) to my G70. 57 drum kits, for Pete's sake! Makeup Tools makes them a piece of cake to change (mind you, I am starting to realize how spoiled a good touch screen makes you... I can zip around a fair bit faster with the G70's screen).

More to come...

#321110 - 04/07/11 03:10 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
There are now more videos available on youtube of the BK 7m and I must say I am really impressed with this little module.

#321126 - 04/07/11 05:29 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

#321127 - 04/07/11 05:33 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
And a few others

#321132 - 04/07/11 05:58 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It actually sounds better in person.
I played with it with headphones most of the day, but about an hour ago I hooked up two Podium 8-inch powered speakers, one on each side pointing back at me.
Wow, what a great sound! I almost forgot I had those speakers. Had to blow the dust off them. I actually have three of 'em, but one is still in the box unopened. I don't remember how or why I got three. Maybe I thought I'd need it for a monitor or to replace one if I had to throw it away. . .
Anyway, the BK sounds better with speakers than it does on phones. I'm not even using a mixer, just straight out of the module to speakers left and right.
I hooked the Roland FC7 foot controller up and it works great with it.
I want to figure out how to call up some sounds directly from the controller. It's not quick to change lead instruments in real time, unless you have them saved to OTS.
I could quickly call up all the voices I used from my Midjay. I'm sure there's a way to do the same thing here.
As Diki said, the button that mutes style parts is really neat. It is preset to mute everything but bass and drums. I assigned it to a switch on the FC7. I also assigned Break/Mute, Fade-out, and the four Style variations. I can use sustain from the controller foot switch and still have a foot switch input on the module itself. I will also have a foot switch for my Harmony M vocal harmonizer, so I may need to grow a couple of more feet.
Next step is to go out and get the memory card from my E50, copy everything I need to a thumb drive and see how that works.
I will try to record a few things later.
DonM

#321133 - 04/07/11 06:08 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: FransN]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Wow !!! Not too shabby sound smile

Song Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
FaceBook

#321138 - 04/07/11 06:33 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Actually, I believe it has a better sound than the G-70...of course, it's a while since I've the latter, but the styles on the BK-7m sound more detailed to my ears.

Looking forward to more demos.

One of these things would be terrific on a Yamaha P-85/95 piano (only 25 lbs), or an NP-30 (only 12 lbs) if 76 notes is your preference.

Ian

Page 9 of 47 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online