SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#321361 - 04/10/11 01:19 AM Roland BK-7m Internal styles
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi

Can someone send me the Roland BM-7m internal styles?

After the Ketron styles and Yamaha styles added,
Is there any interrest that I add the support of the ROLAND style format on the vArranger software?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#321366 - 04/10/11 02:10 AM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much Dan for trying to keep vArranger on the cutting edge for people looking for reason to switch to a software based arranger.

#321369 - 04/10/11 02:48 AM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Thank you Nigel for your support

Dan

#321394 - 04/10/11 09:47 AM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can't send them because mine won't recognize the Flash Memory so I don't have a way to get them copied. Not sure it allows that anyway.
My local dealer will contact Roland Monday to see what steps to take.
DonM

#321430 - 04/10/11 05:01 PM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
But, as Roland don't make a module with the BK's sounds in it other than the BK itself, it seems a bit pointless to do this when the module itself is already a full featured arranger...

But, while I've got you here, Dan, can you answer me this...

Have you ever looked into making a software Chord Sequencer?

Not just for vArranger, but as a standalone product. A lot of us would love something simple that simply recorded the NTA information (or the LH side of the split that's driving the NTA) in sync with the hardware arranger we are using, and then spit it out to the NTA reception channel when say the spacebar is hit (or some other form of easy control)...

That way, anyone with a laptop, a tablet (or even an iPad, if you wanted!) or the like could ADD the Chord Sequencer ability to any arranger of their choice. There are many fans of the old Chord Sequencer, even Korg is reviving the feature, perhaps this might be a simple project that would sell quite well. I would HAPPILY pay for this...

#321473 - 04/11/11 06:13 AM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: Diki]
DAN.2000 Offline

I hope the Roland BK-7m follow the GS rules on most of it's sounds, so it will sound OK with any modules.

I thought that anyone can play Ketron Yamaha and Roland styles on the same software should be nice.

But I don't know if roland allow the internal styles copy like some other keyboards

About the chord sequencer : you mean, press record on the sequencer, then you play a serie of chords in realtime with the arranger, and the sequecer record it, then press a key on sequencer, and it play back this series of chords at the right time?

For that it need that the the arranger clock allow to be drived by an external clock from it's midi in.

Now that I added the song chords feature to vArranger, allowing to create song entering some chords, maybe I will add the Korg chord seq on vArranger

But on an external arranger, it will depend if the hardware arranger can be drived by an external midi clock

Dan

#321485 - 04/11/11 07:39 AM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, I have a basic question...Is this thing a full arranger?
Meaning everything any arranger has, styles, songbook, great RH voices all vars, fills, entros, endings etc, etc??
Or is it mostly for backing tracks and not much in the way of a full instrument?

Is it a G-70 in a box?

I am thinking it might be OK for me.
As I have a CME 76 note MIDI controller.

I may put off my decision as to T4, vs, PA3 and go with this for now and spend the extra for lessons!

#321488 - 04/11/11 08:23 AM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
leezone Offline

you need a sound module along with varranger like Ketron SD2,

it sounds amazing !!!

#321513 - 04/11/11 12:12 PM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: leeboy]
DAN.2000 Offline

Yes it is a full arranger.
You plug your CME 76 to the computer, and play chords LH and melody with RH, select styles, sounds, create your songbook, select vars A B C D, fills, intro, ending... everything will work like a hardware arranger + some goodies

You decide for your Midi sound modules :
- The sound will be very good and ready to go with the Ketron SD2
- You can use some VST
- You can plug many sounds modules, and can create right hand presets or assign some of the arranger's tracks to the sound module of your choice

You can also create some backing tracks very fast with the SONG CHORD feature

You can assign every button and sliders of your CME keyboard to control the vArranger

For now, you can load Ketron and Yamaha style patterns.

So I was asking if there is interrest on Roland styles too, or they don't worth the effort? smile

Dan

Dan

#321534 - 04/11/11 03:15 PM Re: Roland BK-7m Internal styles [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Yes, Dan... either the computer is clocked by the arranger (better, really, because the arranger stores the tempos for songs in their registrations) or the other way around.

Chord sequencer is a LIVE tool. You don't put the chords in in advance, it simply sees the NTA you just played, then loops them until you tell it to go on. It's an amazing tool for the two handed player (or multi-instrumentalist).

It is a feature that many older Roland players used to like, and soon, many Korg players will start to realize how powerful it is.

TBH, it's a fairly simple program, far easier than the vArranger to write, perhaps you and I can correspond privately about it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online