SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 47 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47 >
Topic Options
#321206 - 04/08/11 08:42 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I am loving the BK-7m. So far mine won't recognize the USB drive. I have tried several different thumb drives. Maybe I'm missing something.
DonM

#321208 - 04/08/11 08:54 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, did you format the memory device on the BK-7m?

The Prelude had to be formatted...it creates the operating folders..The Prelude also needed the Playlist software to create the play back...Does the BK also use Playlist editor?

#321209 - 04/08/11 09:03 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Manual just says plug it in and it is recognized. I can't format it on the module because it won't see it at all.
I haven't seen anything about needing to use Playlist Editor.
You no longer have to load stuff into operating folders. You can make your own, just like on PC.
I will try again later. I need a break! I have some other stuff I promised to do.
DonM

#321212 - 04/08/11 09:30 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You guys are 'making my day'..! rotf2

#321213 - 04/08/11 09:38 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

Make my day and tell me why it won't see my USB!
DonM

#321215 - 04/08/11 10:01 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: DonM

DonM

Make my day and tell me if there is a way of bending pitch on the BK-7m itself...perhaps the D-beam (if it has one)?

Ian

#321220 - 04/08/11 10:27 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
Hi all, long time. Been following this thread and extremely interested in the BK7M. May look at adding to my ensemble controlled by my Mo XS7 and drop my T3 if this unit is programmable.

Diki or Don. Email me off list, I have some accessibility questions about the navigation. I read the manual, but only real users can answer these questions since the manual won't tell me certain things.

Anyone think this unit will be accessible through Session Manager for UPGs??

#321223 - 04/08/11 10:40 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: cgiles]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
Hello everyone. I am Sweentech.. the guy uploading all the videos... though now with a bullet in my head! Wow... that hurts!

Welcome Sweentech1, sorry for the 'rough' intro to Synthzone world. As Diki pointed out, it was much more of a response to the lethal mixture of modern dance music and a bunch of ol' codgers, than about you personally. It's just our usual cruel and insensitive way of saying "this is not our favorite musical genre'".

Since I am patiently awaiting mine (BK7m), I'm happy to see another member/technical resource owning this instrument. Sounds like the reviews so far are overwhelmingly positive. I too, have a SonicCell which, I suspect, will become redundant, since I also have a Fantom G7. I wanted to control mine with my VP-770 but unfortunately, that instrument does not transmit (or receive) aftertouch, and I suppose that would affect the RH voices. I'll probably hook it up to my (ancient but still flexible) Roland A70 controller - 76 keys and a good keybed.

Good luck and again, welcome to the 'zone.

chas

Thanks Chas

I just finished work so am getting a chance to respond now. TBH I was totally shocked at the reaction to my post here, but I have broad shoulders, and I can take it.... and give it back! Just wait !! Lol

My SonicCell is fairly redundant as a sound module now, though I still use it as an audio interface for Sonar. I may have another look at it soon, and how I can use it and the BK-7m together. I don't have many ideas at the moment, but it does have some great sounds and I don't have the luxury of a FG7. I sold a FX8 a few years ago and still regret it now. I may purchase another one day!

I would think your A70 will be a good controller for it. I have been using it in the store with a A800pro which has aftertouch. It is great fun when you get all the knobs and faders going... doing their thing. Assigning CC numbers is fairly easy on these, so it can do quite a bit for you.
I am interested in your VP770. How do you use it? I haven't sold many, but think it is really powerful. I have seen Don lewis using it, and he is a mster with it.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

John

#321224 - 04/08/11 10:46 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
Sweentech1 Offline

I am loving the BK-7m. So far mine won't recognize the USB drive. I have tried several different thumb drives. Maybe I'm missing something.
DonM

Historically, there have been some issues with media being used with Roland products hence the reason Roland now put a disclaimer in their manuals regarding using non-branded media. However, most brands work fine. I am using a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB. It works perfectly. The BK-7m can now also unusually use up to a 2TB USB self powered hard drive.(i.e. it must have it's own power supply and not draw power through the USB port. I worked out you coud get 53 billion midi files on that!

If you are having no joy with your memory drive, try formatting it in windows as a Fat32 disk, then formatting it with the BK-7m. This can help with some other models, so may help here.

#321225 - 04/08/11 10:49 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: ianmcnll]
Sweentech1 Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

DonM

Make my day and tell me if there is a way of bending pitch on the BK-7m itself...perhaps the D-beam (if it has one)?

Ian

there is no way to do this without using a midi device. An expression pedal cannot be set to do it either.

Page 11 of 47 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online