SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 29 of 47 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47 >
Topic Options
#322453 - 04/21/11 05:26 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: technicsgiedrius]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Quote from Cgiles 'til some third party comes out with some killer jazz, smooth jazz, jazz fusion, and funk, styles

Hi Chas,

Check out this Roland German website, you can get over 500 style on a memory stick from previous Roland arrangers

http://www.rolandmusik.de/produkte/BK-LB01/index.php

English translation( Google translate)

Roland:: BK-LB01 - USB Music Style Library
. "It comes on a USB stick.
[Main Features]
578 epochal Roland Music Style Arranger of past models
Styles of the "E", "G", "VA", "RA" Arranger series, that the BK-7m is fully compatible
Styles were developed from a variety of libraries for "TNS" cards, "MSD", "MSE" floppy disks and Zip disks "

Things are getting for the BK7.

Frank

#322456 - 04/21/11 05:59 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: technicsgiedrius]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: technicsgiedrius
Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
Sorry Technicsgiedrius, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please don't take offence, I just don't understand.

Sorry for my English, because they had been using the dictionary ... I wanted to ask, to show more of new style ... And what better advise ... GW8 or BK7m? And yet I only heard sound of drums ... Thank you.

Hi technicsgiedrius, I have had the GW-8 and to choose between the GW-8 or BK7m I advice go for the BK7m because the sound of it is much better. Also the keys of the GW8 aren't that good. Better buy a good controller.

#322460 - 04/21/11 07:18 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I spent a full day setting up a small gig set - really takes some time on the module. I have read and re-read the manual but can not find anything about how to permanently set the split point and how to change and them save OTS voices. Anyone have any ideas?

Hammer

#322463 - 04/21/11 07:42 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Hi Deane,

I believe the split point is set by the wizard intially, but is fluid depending on how it is set in each performance setting. In thepast with G70 and E80 etc, there were several ways to save roughly the same type of information.... one touch settings, music assistants, and user programs. It appears to me that though the factory has still provided one touch settings, these are no longer writable. Likewise the Music Assistant is provided, but is merely a list of 999 performance sets. It would appear that performance set is the new word for user program. It is debatable if this has simplfied things, or complicated them. For me, speaking to end users who were not technically advanced, the three systems confused them in the past. For this reason I am happy with the new setup. It makes it easier for me to explain to end users. I personally always used user programs anyway for my own settings so am quite happy. I also move the split point around between songs so I need the user program to remember the setting I create in it. I would therefore recommend when you create your OTS, save them as performances.

If you need the split point to remain in the same place every time, look at menu/global/performance hold. Here you can stop it changing the split point everytime you load a new performance. Remember to save you global settings afterwards, as otherwise it will be forgotten at power down.

#322465 - 04/21/11 07:49 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
hammer Offline

I have tried to save the OTS settings I want as a user program but can't find anyplace where it will allow me to do that. What am I missing?

Hammer

#322477 - 04/21/11 09:22 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
Sweentech1 Offline

Hiya Deane,

I save all my performances to a USB memory stick. i have seen a few people come unstuck with filling the entire internal memory on their G70 or E80. This normally ends up with them formatting the internal memory on a computer - which is a bit of a distaster.

To create a folder on the USB stick go to Performance list and select music assistant. Push in the data dial to enter it, but do not hit load. Instead select 'make new'. This will create a folder which you can populate with your own settings. This is the key way to using the BK-7m imo.

Good luck.

John

Edited by Sweentech1 (04/21/11 09:23 AM)

#322482 - 04/21/11 09:30 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
hammer Offline

Hi John,
I have already created a user list and I have about 50 songs in it now. The problem is that if I don't like any of the preset OTS voices I can't find a way to change them and save the changes.

Hammer

#322485 - 04/21/11 10:36 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
Sweentech1 Offline

Hi Deane,

ah apologies, as I was trying to explain, you can't save your own OTS on the BK7m. It seems in order to simplify things, Roland have decided to give us performances only. One could say they are much the same thing, but ultimtely there will be those, perhaps you included, for whom saving the user OTS would be preferable, due to how they can be recalled. For me, I never used user OTS much, prefering instead to use user programs.

My darn batteries on my wireless keyboard are running out, so I better go and charge them!

Regards

John

#322488 - 04/21/11 11:44 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: FransN]
technicsgiedrius Offline

Loc: Lithuania / Europe
Originally Posted By: FransN
Originally Posted By: technicsgiedrius
Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
Sorry Technicsgiedrius, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please don't take offence, I just don't understand.

Sorry for my English, because they had been using the dictionary ... I wanted to ask, to show more of new style ... And what better advise ... GW8 or BK7m? And yet I only heard sound of drums ... Thank you.

Hi technicsgiedrius, I have had the GW-8 and to choose between the GW-8 or BK7m I advice go for the BK7m because the sound of it is much better. Also the keys of the GW8 aren't that good. Better buy a good controller.

Thanks FransN...

#322490 - 04/21/11 01:25 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: technicsgiedrius]
Sweentech1 Offline

I personally would also advise the BK-7. I am not a big fan of the GW8 or Prelude, in comparison to the BK-7m. The BK-7m follows more of the heritage of the E and G series keyboards of the recent past, but both the GW8 and Prelude seemed to step sideways, and try something new. To my ears the soundset is very similar to that of the SonicCell. Individually the sounds are excellent, but imo they don't lend themselves nearly as well to being used within styles. The content in the GW8 and Prelude is localised. Unfortunately we do not get anything to suit a UK taste in the UK. We get the Latin collection for Prelude and the Eastern European collection on GW8. Neither suit me, but on thinking about it, I see you are in Lithuania, so perhaps since there is a dedicated set of eastern European styles for GW8, this would suit you better? Hmmm... I'm not sure now! I think you should try these out for yourself. Try to visit a local dealer if you can.

Sorry, had a really busy day today and have not had any time to make more videos. I have checked in at my PC each time I took a break, but other than that have had no slack time. However the grass has had the first cut of the year and the garden generally is a bit tidier! I am on holiday next week. I'll definately do some then for you. Any special requests?

Edited by Sweentech1 (04/21/11 01:29 PM)

Page 29 of 47 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online