SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#322534 - 04/22/11 11:21 AM Re: BK7M With Nord As Controller [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hi John,
Thanx for the input, and I know most folks will laugh at the i5s too ... there's just "somthin'" about it .... I think it's the whurly sound. It's a perfect ep/bass/drum unit as a backup - no menus to look through - no load time - better than average electronic sounds .... it's perfect on top of the Rhodes, or as a backup for emergencies. I used it all month at school for rehearsals for "Little Shop of Horrors" so I could leave it there and not miss my PA800 for weekend work.
I really think I'm a candidate for a bk7m, now that I revamped my studio space.The nord will be a stand alone EP/Organ/Clav and the VK8 will trigger the module as serve as a second manual for (rare) 2 handed organ stuff.
Now - to get started on my garage sale!!!!!! Who needs what??????
smile

#322545 - 04/22/11 01:58 PM Re: BK7M With Nord As Controller [Re: Bernie9]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
I am up for the Rhodes if you wanna send it over! I'd really love an original, but hey never mind... I;ll need to keep my eyes open over here.

Nothing wrong with your i5s Dave... so long as it makes you smile, it's worth having!

#322567 - 04/22/11 04:34 PM Re: BK7M With Nord As Controller [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hey John - I drove 1000 miles to get this Rhodes, and Capt Russ would shoot me if I ever sold it! (Not that I ever would!)
I went to a place where I couldn't get a decent cup of coffee, had to listen to a jazz musician playing in an all you can eat buffet, and couldn't find a pretty girl within a hundred miles .... at least one with all her teeth! smile
This Rhodes Suitcase will either be my coffin or my grandson's kitchen table one day.

#322571 - 04/22/11 05:38 PM Re: BK7M With Nord As Controller [Re: Bernie9]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Nice one Dave,

I see you have visited here then? (the missus is gonna kill me!) I can't blame you for wanting to never part with your Rhodes. I knew that would be the case. A friend of mine in Manchester had his stolen from him at gunpoint as he was unloading it from his car after a gig. He got it back a few years later. He found it in a music shop. The guy who had it denied it was my friend's unit, but when the serial numbers matched, he didn't want the Police involved after he found out it was an armed robbery!

I was also offered one free of charge by a good customer of mine. I just could not take it. I don't think he really realised what he was parting with. I think he does now, and is glad he didn't give it away! I am pleased I didn't take it, because he would probably not shop with me anymore, but as it happens he is one of my best customers.

One day I'll get one legitimately, and whn that time comes, I'm gonna have so much fun!

I noticed at the NAMM show this year that some small independant company has started manufacturing new ones again, but I'd still prefer the 'real' thing! Enjoy it! sick

#322706 - 04/24/11 06:27 PM Re: BK7M With Nord As Controller [Re: Uncle Dave]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
This Rhodes Suitcase will either be my coffin or my grandson's kitchen table one day.

Hey make it a kitchen table .... a coffin would be such a darned waste. At least someone would eventually realize they could get some cool sounds out of the kitchen table.

#322723 - 04/25/11 03:41 AM Re: BK7M With Nord As Controller [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Picture it .... the Rhodes, open underneath a glass top! That would be SO cool!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online