SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 32 of 47 < 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 46 47 >
Topic Options
#322549 - 04/22/11 02:08 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Hiya Deane...

It's perfectly possible. (I assume you are talking about performances) First Goto to your existing performance list, then press performance list again. This takes you back to the page where you see the groups of performances you have created, and will show music assistant at the top of the page. Select the group where the performance you wish to delete resides, then rather than choosing load from the next screen, press edit. [ensure you don't choose delete on this screen as this deletes the whole performance list!!!!!!] From there you will see a list of your performances in that folder. Select the one you wish to delete then choose 'delete.'

If you want to get rid of a midi file or audio file, just put your USB key into a computer and delete it using the PC. There doesn't appear to be any problems with doing this on the BK-7m. The G70, E80 etc had a 'finder' system on them which required a checksum stored on the memory card. If you edited the song list in windows explorer, the checksum was then incorrect meaning that while all the songs were still on the memory card, the keyboard wouldn't show them. Roland have removed the 'finder' and instead let us organise files into the folder we want ourselves. I find this a much better way to find the things I want quickly.

Hope this helps,

John

Edited by Sweentech1 (04/22/11 02:19 PM)

#322554 - 04/22/11 02:40 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
Hiya Deane...

It's perfectly possible. (I assume you are talking about performances) First Goto to your existing performance list, then press performance list again. This takes you back to the page where you see the groups of performances you have created, and will show music assistant at the top of the page. Select the group where the performance you wish to delete resides, then rather than choosing load from the next screen, press edit. [ensure you don't choose delete on this screen as this deletes the whole performance list!!!!!!] From there you will see a list of your performances in that folder. Select the one you wish to delete then choose 'delete.'

If you want to get rid of a midi file or audio file, just put your USB key into a computer and delete it using the PC. There doesn't appear to be any problems with doing this on the BK-7m. The G70, E80 etc had a 'finder' system on them which required a checksum stored on the memory card. If you edited the song list in windows explorer, the checksum was then incorrect meaning that while all the songs were still on the memory card, the keyboard wouldn't show them. Roland have removed the 'finder' and instead let us organise files into the folder we want ourselves. I find this a much better way to find the things I want quickly.

Hope this helps,

John

John , the new organizer is a great idea...I use the index feature for organization on the G70..

#322566 - 04/22/11 04:33 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Fran Carango]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
My BK7m was delivered yesterday and I played it for several hours last night. I used my Tyros4 as a controller and only had the audio from the BK7m coming thru the same speakers Tyros4 plays thru. Most of the styles I tried didn't have the audio quality of tyros4, but I only played things right out of the box. I'll have to look at the audio settings later. Many people have had positive comments on Rolands drumsets. I must agree. They are more live sounding than tyros4, and I thought tyros4's drums were better than previous models. There is a style called light rock that is almost exactly like a style of the same name on my tyros4. I swear it was written by the same person? There are many styles that are extremely similar. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

I think I will keep this module. I'll explore it more tonight. I also plan to use it as a sound module on my computer. I like the Sonar LE that came with it. The Roland/Cakewalk site wouldn't let me register it last night. There was a problem with amazon it said. Will try again tonight too. It should be fun to sequence music again. I used to use pgmusics powertracks years ago. Even before that I remember using hardware sequencers. I had a Yamaha QX-5 for years and I loved it. I won't miss all of the manual entry!! -charley

#322569 - 04/22/11 05:32 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: rattley]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
John,

You are a life saver! Strange the "go to" guy at Roland for the BK-7m didn't know how to delete a user program. All of us who own one of these should make sure we stay in touch to get first hand "how to" info from each other.

Do you know how to order the new Roland produced thumb drive with all the legacy styles on it?

Hammer

#322570 - 04/22/11 05:34 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: rattley]
hammer Offline

Rattley,

This week I am going to try using the BK-7m along with my Tyros 4. I want to use only the styles from the module and only the voices from the Tyros 4. If I get it working I'll do a recording. I had the two connected and did manage to control the module from my T4.

Hammer

#322574 - 04/22/11 05:54 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

Can anyone tell me what causes the files with the extra characters at the beginning of the name to show up on the module?
They do not show up on my computer - only on the module.

They will not load but in the same folder are all the same songs with normal names that do load and play.

Hammer

Attachments
1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by hammer (04/22/11 05:55 PM)

#322575 - 04/22/11 06:05 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

You are welcome Deane! It was one of the first things I set about finding. I always use the user programs, so it is essential I can work quickly with them.

I am not too surprised that the guy from Roland didn't know yet. He probably hasn't had his hands on one yet. I know in the UK they are going straight out the door as soon as they arrive at Roland HQ in Swansea. Yesterday my store received a batch of 8 from this months shipment into the UK. All are sold already, and I could have more sold if I could only get my hands on more!

With regards to your new problem, I'm not sure what is going on. I have a number of styles from old zip disks etc for G1000, Va76 etc. These often have additional characters at the start to indicate which instrument they were originally featured on. There's some great old classics amongst them. However they do not cause me any problems.

Is it possible you have used the copy command on the machine, and it has renamed them slightly so as not to overwrite the originals since they are in the same folder? I cannot replicate that issue so I doubt it!

Regarding the thumb drive - I was off yesterday, and today Roland were shut for the Easter public holidays. Next week I am on holiday, but I'll try to remember to give them a ring on Tuesday (I think they re-open then) to find out about it. Certainly there has been no word about it from our rep yet. Hopefully I'll get someone who knows a thing or two about it before they close again due to the Royal wedding next week. We are all getting an extra days holiday because of it! Woohoo!

Good luck.

Oh P.S.... hence the edit... I am very happy to stay in touch. in-fact I think it's a great idea. I am happy to help where I can, and hopefully someday I will find help here when I need it too!

Edited by Sweentech1 (04/22/11 06:09 PM)

#322577 - 04/22/11 06:19 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Sweentech,

Can you trigger the variations and fills on the BK 7m using a keyboard controller instead of the fc 7 foot controller?

#322581 - 04/22/11 07:02 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: FransN]
Sweentech1 Offline

Yes you can. I had my A300-Pro programmed up to do just that. Check out page 90 of the manual. There are PC numbers (Program Change) for everything you need there. I'm a bit annoyed with myself fo rbuying the A300_pro now. I wish I had got the A800-Pro. I just purchased it at Christmas, but I didn't know then about the BK-7m. If I ha, I would definately have got the A800-Pro.

I may try to make up a map for A-Pro series keyboards though. If I get anywhere with it, I'll let you know. I really wanted it to do more than just control the fills etc.

Oh by the way... look out for FC7 pedals going cheap on ebay. I already have one, but I picked up another for £17 plus postage on ebay yesterday. that gives me one for the BK-7m and one for the G70 too!

#322584 - 04/22/11 07:15 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
That's great. Thanks Sweentech.

Page 32 of 47 < 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online