SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 34 of 47 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 46 47 >
Topic Options
#322764 - 04/25/11 09:21 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: DonM
I still have the E50 and I still like it. I don't know if the styles will work, because of the problem I had with the module not being able to use the USB drive. No way to copy them.
I'm just always looking to improve. If the upcoming Yamaha motl arranger addresses the drums and vocal harmonizer I would consider it too. It think I could be happy with Tyros 4 even though it is pretty bulky and pretty expensive. So many good choices these days. I haven't heard anything that sounds better than Audya (for my purposes).
DonM

I thought the E-50 was fine arranger...different OS than I'm used (of course) but I thought it had a "warm" sound and the styles were really nice.

Don, believe me, I did not intend to buy a Tyros4...I was going for the S910, as I liked the "sweet" sound over the less than "sweet" sound of the Tyros3...plus, I'd save a chunk of money too.

But, after playing the Tyros4, I have to say it impressed me a lot...so much so, that I spent my savings on it.

The guitars (especially the finger style electrics) are just so playable...but, I'm not going to go on about the Tyros4...I will be interested in your further impressions of the BK-7m.

What are you going to use as a controller?

Ian

#322766 - 04/25/11 09:39 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I haven't heard anything that sounds better than Audya (for my purposes).
DonM

Don....I think you'd be happier with the Audya 61 for your needs.....you enjoyed the 76 so much before you sold it.

#322773 - 04/25/11 09:56 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ian, I have an Edirol controller that I used with the Midjay. If I decide to keep and use the BK I may upgrade later to the new Roland that Hammer got, because it has pads.
I will certainly include Audya in any decision regarding a totl arranger.
There are pluses and minuses to all of these, but they are all great now.
DonM

#322781 - 04/25/11 11:58 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Guys I have said it a thousand times..a style is a style...If you don't like the styles on board..but like previous model styles...so what...It will play the old styles..

More important..

How easy it is to use?

How are the sounds?

User program use?

Effects, insert and editable?

Quick editing of SMF's and styles?

Media playback ease?

Easy hook up?

From what I have read from folks opinions that I respect..the BK-7m meets all of the above criteria..

Also ..reading the manual, it appears to have a lot in common with the E-80...If that is so..it is already a winner..

BTW: Donny..my bk-7m will be shipped out this Thursday..Next week we will have all the information at hand smile

#322782 - 04/25/11 12:09 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Fran Carango Offline

As Donny already knew..I cancelled the BK-7m (again) a few days ago.....I was considering the Roland VIMA JM-5 instead...Sweetwater was already pre-paid, and all I needed to do is give the go ahead to get one...After reading a couple more post here..one being John's use with his G70, I was thinking about how I wanted to use it (BK7m or thr JM-5)...

Sweetwater was going to cut a check and send it to me if I passed on the JM-5...but I told my sales guy...naaaa, I don't want a check..I want another "toy".....Sooooo it will be shipped out this Thursday..

#322787 - 04/25/11 12:32 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
ianmcnll Offline

Fran,

I have a feeling you won't have the BK-7m for long.

Ian

#322788 - 04/25/11 12:58 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Fran Carango Offline

Ian..you never can tell...I am pretty sure it will work out great (as good as any other instrument I have used) with the band.

I have no doubt the sounds will be up to the task...and media playback has gotten better with every new model from Roland..so I expect that to be fine..

For my solo work (No MP3 tracks)..the G70 is my instrument of choice..

My plan , if the BK is as I expect...to build a light case that will house the BK-7m and the Edirol mixer..side by side, on a slide out shelf..

The power supplies will be out of site ..On each side of the case will be patch bays where I can connect the midi cable and audio outputs/inputs for the BK-7m ..and the other side the inputs/outputs of the Edirol mixer..

The case will be about 16 inches deep to allow support for the shelf and power adapters...and about 22 inches wide to accomodate the units side by side..The height will be about 5 inches to allow clearance of the top cable inserts on the mixer and over all height of the BK..

I will be able to sit the keyboard (A-33 controller) directly on top of the case if I only use a single tier..My guess the whole assemply will weigh about 16-18 pounds..
I will fit a mic boom attachment to the case too. There will be an AC plug for the A33 also..

This will make it a quick set up...

Almost forgot..I will have a 7 inch monitor also wired into the case,,it will sit against the back of the Apex stand or on the music rack of the A-33..

It may be perfect using my V-stand..

This could be a perfect small job set up too..

A33, my assembly case ,V-stand and the BA330..

#322790 - 04/25/11 01:03 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Fran Carango Offline

. clap

Edited by Fran Carango (04/25/11 01:06 PM)

#322791 - 04/25/11 01:04 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Fran Carango Offline

http://www.akaipro.com/lpk25

For my DJ gigs just sit my laptop on the case with this keyboard smile

#322792 - 04/25/11 01:05 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
ianmcnll Offline

It just seems much simpler to take the G-70...all in one.

Not as many cables, no adaptors...one stand...looks cleaner too.

That's why I prefer to just have the arranger, stand, bench, two speakers.

But, I know what you're after, and if you didn't try it, you'd always wish you did.

I hope it does what you want.

Ian

Page 34 of 47 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online