Hi Deane,

I still have not had a lot of time on the AT350c yet. It's not like owning one where I can spend all my available time on it! I wish! So I have not had too much time to spend with it, as the store is short staffed at the moment, and I can only get to it once my own work is done (which it never is) and the store and counter areas are manned for security reasons. This all makes it difficult.

As far as I am concerned it is nothing like a T4, and it's not trying to be either. It is an organ first, arranger second. That doesn't mean the arranger section is bad, far from it. I really like many of the accompaniments provided. I also have been trying to avoid looking at it as an arranger product, because it is really offering something completely different.

It is a lightweight dual manual organ. The drawbar section is both useable, and realtime editable, and sounds fantastic. The key action is just right for expressive uses, as the dynamics for the sounds work easily under you fingers. There are no jerky steps between different velocity samples to contend with. This is something which I personally have struggled with on other instruments (no names though because this is about the AT350. I am not here to bash anything else.)

The sounds have a fullness and richness which are missing in other products. I have for years been a fan of the Roland piano sound, and with this instrument it's no exception. It has a lovely mellowness in the quieter passages, and a brightness which opens up gradually as you increase in velocity. It never reaches a harshness I find in some other instruments.

I realy like a lot of the supernatural tones. The clarinet in particular has stood out for me, though so does the alto sax. Both of these sounds (and others) inspire greater playing from you. It's hard to explain, and it's quiet intangible, but there is something unusually full, rich and dynamic about the sounds. In your main sections the strings are the best I have ever heard. (Now that is saying something.)

But I am still nowhere near putting a demo together. I have spent most of my time working through the manual, getting to grips with the OS. I need to know this inside out for work, and I have no reference as I have never used one before. I am enjoying it, but didn't get near it today. It will take me a much longer period of time to give a full evaluation on it due to my time constraints.

I'll let you know how it goes though as I have things to report.

John