SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#324515 - 05/19/11 01:35 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Donny
I am proud of you. I remember waiting on your next keyboard to see how you liked it. Now I have to go out on my own--scary.

Bernie

#324516 - 05/19/11 01:48 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Donny
I am proud of you. I remember waiting on your next keyboard to see how you liked it. Now I have to go out on my own--scary.

Bernie

Actually Bernie...most time with such a vigorous yearly gig schedule like mine I have to turn around a new keyboard and have it gig ready in one or two days...that alone was exhausting but it did give me a super educational workout learning each of the KB's OS in's & out's.....the money was secondary as they are only business investments that create profits beyond their costs gig after gig so that's not a factor. It also made me realize that with such minor upgraded features most times it wasn't worth the effort to change especially with Yamaha units..eg: Psr, Tyros series units etc.,year after year. I'm NOT a Pack-rat, I don't like to keep gear just laying around doing nothing either, if I don't use it, it's gone. Things will change agin soon i predict....
take care !

#324519 - 05/19/11 02:06 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
That man on the Audya 5 plays so GOOOD !!! WAW

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#324521 - 05/19/11 02:09 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Hi Dan
Do I detect an Audya in the wings ?

Bernie

#324522 - 05/19/11 02:17 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
That man on the Audya 5 plays so GOOOD !!! WAW

Definitely one of the best Audya 5 Demos I've heard...nice! clap

#324524 - 05/19/11 03:06 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Ian
May I say you are a gentleman.

I hesitate to post sometimes,as I never enter into a p---- contest. I am always glad to give an opinion, otherwise.

My last Yamaha was a 6300 ? with the lid like the Technics. A fine keyboard for it's day. I had it for quite a few years.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie.

I had a PSR-6300...it was actually, a beautiful keyboard...I believe it was one of the first with velocity sensitivity...I also had it's forerunner, the PS-6100 which also had the opening lid (that became the control panel). It only had aftertouch (no velocity) but looked quite a bit the same...it was also minus the pitch and mod wheels that the PSR-6300 had. The 6300 also had a digital readout for the tempo. if I remember correctly.

Re Donny talking about his crazy keyboard buying...I had about 60 or more keyboards (not all arrangers) since I started playing (I'm 62)...I actually made up a list and it was rather shocking...wow...the money I spent as well.

The flip up lid on the PSR-6300 was actually used as part of the design for the hugely expensive Yamaha Electone HX-1 series organs (if you squinted a bit, it looked much like a dual manual PSR-6300 with the lid open). wink Well, a little bit. Ha Ha!

http://www.imoose.nl/electone/details/hx.htm

Did you own a Technics, and, if so, what model(s)?

They were way ahead of their time. Scott Yee was telling me that Technics were among the first to do the rootless voicing thingy, and also I remember seeing one (I think it had 650 in the name?) with the ON-BASS chording (first time I ever saw it on an arranger) and their chord recognition was very advanced for the time...probably still is.

Ian

#324529 - 05/19/11 04:03 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Yes Bernie smile

Dan, the creator of the vArranger software just bought an Audya 76, with the hopes that it will replace his good but now old Ketron SD1. Some SD1 buttons are now no more working, and wanted to upgrade to a new keyboard.

I had the choice between the Tyros 4, Audya or PA3X.

And I choose the Audya for the nice 76 keybed, the compatibility with my SD1 style set, and for the LIVE sound that it produce on gigs.

After some days of trying, I can say that I am happy to have it, but I already discovered some embarrassing things.

It's still quite easy to find bugs on v 4.1a, when you need to do some advanced tasks
64 MB of RAM is not enough for me.
Also, the audio stuff is not perfect, and we can hear some clicks sometimes.

I hope to be able to create my own drum kit with some WAV sounds as I did on the SD1

I am globally happy to find most of the SD1 stuff on the Audya + some new sounds and styles

For now, I don't feel secure enough to gig with Audya.
I will continue to use my Ketron SD1, and of course my vArranger smile

I hope that Ketron will listen to me and correct what is bothering to me. If not, I must create a vAudya PC software, and try to do a better software than Ketron smile

I think, I did the best choice with the Audya !

ps : the Tyros 4 and Pa3x are also good, but my ear seems to be addict to the Ketron sound

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#324536 - 05/19/11 05:57 PM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: DAN.2000]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Well I have still got mine, and along with the T3 its almost impossible to separate them, both have fantastic features.

The Audya is still even now a work in progress, and further updates and new features hopefully are going to be released shortly, it's on thier website.

The one thing I don't like about ketron is thier horrible public relations team, they make announcements, get you all excited then you hear nothing for ages, then they release info about release dates, and then they dont usually stick to them, i mean cant complain about the service there is none, but damm those drums and bass, along with the majority of the best sounding styles, and the ability to change parameters so deeply as you wish to go, makes this a board you wish to hang on to.

#324552 - 05/20/11 02:45 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Ian
I had the KN5000 and still have the KN7000. They are hard to find, as people are hanging on to them. My KN7000 is bringing 2/3 of what I paid 9 years ago. They were definitely ahead of their time.

Dan
As mentioned, I think the Ketron OS upgrade will fix most of the bugs you mention. On top of that, AJ has gone beyond that with, not only new styles, but increased functionality in many areas like better control of the Leslie DSP,

Ketron is slow and mysterious and AJ has been waiting too before he launches his kit, but I think it will be worth the wait.

Bernie

#324568 - 05/20/11 08:26 AM Re: What Happened to the KETRON Audya?? [Re: Dnj]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Audya is doing OK.
Wanting for OS update 4.2 (bugs correction and new styles and sounds).
AJ is working in some stuff too.
I just acquire a use Audya4 mudule with a FS13 Multi Footswitch and a soft Gator case.
I don't know if I will keep it or resale it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online