SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#325139 - 05/27/11 10:30 PM Politician with guts? How about this guy?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Yesterday (Friday) I had an early morning gig about an hour South of home. In the car I tuned into XM channel 124, POTUS, which is a fairly middle of the road, low drama political/news channel. All politics all the time. They cover everything from the daily press briefings at the White House, to weekly State Dept. briefings, various hearings, etc. The kind of stuff commercial television and radio won't use. The kind of stuff I love.

During the morning programming, they do a five minute "This Day in Political History" type thing, which I enjoy. At the end, they close it out with a section called "cake and candles" to recognize a few birthdays of politicians born on this day. Former Minnesota Senator, Democratic Presidential candidate and Lyndon Johnson's Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey would have turned one hundred years old today. To mark Humphrey's birthdate, they played a short clip from a speech he gave to the 1948 Democratic Convention in Philadelphia.

Read more here...Reasonable Conversation

Edited by Bill in Dayton (05/27/11 10:31 PM)

#325214 - 05/28/11 10:10 PM Re: Politician with guts? How about this guy? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
HHH was a great man ahead of his time.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online