SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#327875 - 07/01/11 06:46 PM Re: Arrangers for Contemporary Music [Re: Joesax]
Dnj Offline

I really don't see the problem ....just before the 1980's I played workstations in bands for over 20 years..there was no such thing as a GOOD arranger KB and the early ones really sucked. Programming multitrack songs was fun and not too hard...but the one thing it gave me was "Cretivity" to make the song sound just like I wanted track by track especially with original tunes..... especially the drums & bass lines. Arranger playing has made people a bit lazy....what? create your own music tracks? WTF is that? eek listen back to your recorded arranger songs and tell me style parts are not "repetitious"?

hey, I'm done with this topic, the argument will never end Workstation VS Arranger KB...so play what you like and enjoy.
Oh yeah did I mention the Yankees are winning?..:)

Edited by Dnj (07/01/11 06:47 PM)

#327883 - 07/01/11 11:54 PM Re: Arrangers for Contemporary Music [Re: Joesax]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The answer is simple donny. Use the other functions of your arranger . it has other button on it than start and stop play :-)

You know i am only teasing you Donny. Try some of the editing functions on your instrument and be amazed.

#327909 - 07/02/11 12:56 PM Re: Arrangers for Contemporary Music [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
The answer is simple donny. Use the other functions of your arranger . it has other button on it than start and stop play :-)

You know i am only teasing you Donny. Try some of the editing functions on your instrument and be amazed.

"Amazed" is something you hear a magician say......
both Arrangers & WS sound good for now....many changes will happen in the coming years.....and so we wait & wait....meanwhile make music however you wish to make yourself happy.

#327913 - 07/02/11 02:46 PM Re: Arrangers for Contemporary Music [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

You know, Spalding, many people use less than 75% of their arranger, and to some it is mainly a SMF player to sing over, not that there's anything wrong with that.

The sound editing functions on the PSR-S910/Tyros4 are fairly extensive, and the Korg arrangers have even more capabilities.

For most, basic editing is fine; in fact very few use it, but, you can do a lot even with basic editing.

Same for styles...most people do not program from scratch, but edit an existing style, either by re-voicing or swapping parts in from another style. I teach style editing at my followup clinics...it's actually quite easy, as is sound editing.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online