SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#332947 - 10/27/11 11:59 PM Re: The KN 7000 is still up to date? [Re: philip2000]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Technics friends,

if I want to buy a new keyboard, it must be better than my "old"!
To compare theoretical brings no certainty as to whether one or more key is the other less well.
The handling is important but equally important is that sounds from the speakers.
I've been using the song "Il Silenzio" put two keyboards side by side.
The KN 7000 (2002) and the Tyros 3 (2008)!
Yamaha had had time to improve the sound of 6 years!
Is the sound of "Silver Trumpet" better than the sound of "Solo Trumpet?
I mean "No"!
Why should I then buy another key?

On my YT channel I have set some instrumental songs with the KN 7000.
I am convinced by the sound of the KN 7000!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Piertro123?feature=mhsn

#332969 - 10/29/11 02:01 AM Re: The KN 7000 is still up to date? [Re: HarryG]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
After posting about the comparisons between the Kn7000 and other newer keyboards I finally understand why the Kn7000 has such value; why the keyboard is still in demand.

I’ll use a scale of one to ten, ten being the better.
Amount of features: Kn7 7-- Yamaha and Korg 9

Portability: Kn7 6 -- Yamaha and Korg 9

Structure: Kn7 10 – Yamaha and Korg 7

Ease of use: Kn7 9 – Yamaha and Korg 8

These numbers although there are impressive do not the answer question; why is an older keyboard holding its own in this market of a thousand innovations: Why is the Kn7000 still in demand?

I have programed on Yamaha, Korg and the Kn7000 and they all have their pros and cons, none running to far ahead of the other. The answer to the question is in ease-of-use and SIMPLECITY; simplicity being the tie breaker.

Just about everything that you do on the Kn7000 falls in “ease-of-use” but more than that the Kn7000 is doing all that we need to do; instrument sounds, clarity, a great sequencer and having the features just where you need them (accept for the round Panel Memory) while still maintain its SIMPLECITY.

That means that when I programed the settings for 90 songs in Expanded Memory it’s easier on the Kn7 then Yamaha or Korg; and on the job it is easier and faster to select my set-ups. Because the Kn7 has given us a great Trumpet, Piano, good strings and nice Doo Doos, (and much more) all with ease-of-use while keeping SIMPLE it is a keeper. To achieve something very good while keeping it simple is at best a very difficult task.

In studying the art of salesmanship I learn the value of the word K.I.S.S. I apply it to my music and my understanding of the Bible.
K = keep I=it S=simple S-stupid.
The combination of quality, ease-of-use and SIMPLECITY is not easy to attain. AMEN!

Sorry If I got carried away but at my age I seem to be doing this to all the important areas in my life, John C.

#332970 - 10/29/11 02:56 AM Re: The KN 7000 is still up to date? [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
As many of you know, I have acquired the newest gear to hit the market simply because I can. Is that good ? Not necessarily. It is time consuming, although fun, to delve into new keyboards trying to get a better sound and easier approach to playing and singing the thousands of songs in my arsenal.

Conclusions:

The Audya, e.g., has live sounds and great styles with live drums and guitars, WAV,Midi and MP3. The recording ability is superb. Now-- Let's go to it or the Roland G-70 and set up a song to change variations and instruments. Very cumbersome and time consuming. Let's go to the KN7000 using PM. Eight variations, easily advanced by a step of the pedal and maybe ten minutes to set it up.

Let's not forget that we adopt our impression of how an instrument sounds from what we hear on our keyboards. We might like it better than a previous model we had. We think ah, it was worth the money, forgetting we could have tweaked the filter or eq to change it.

Our concept of how a board sounds might be important to us because we have to please ourselves to feel good about what we are doing. The fact of the matter is the audience could care less, as all the major brands have very acceptable sounds. It is how we deliver that sound that is important.

John doesn't have the corner on rambling it seems. Just the musings of another old guy.

Bernie

#332973 - 10/29/11 06:22 AM Re: The KN 7000 is still up to date? [Re: HarryG]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All

Comparing keyboard sounds has no relevance to which sounds the best, (Realistic) as this will all come down to personal preference.

If you really want to see which of the trumpets the best, compare them with the REAL instruments or good quality recordings of them, only then will you be able to say which the best is.

Ease of use:

If you are used to one system it will always seem easier then another, however as with sound this is purely a personal preference and cannot accurately identify which keyboard is easier to use.

If you are really interested to find out which is the easiest board to use, then get 100 people who are not familiar with the boards to see how easy they find them to play and set up. (The keyboard that has the majority of users up to speed the fastest will be the easiest)

Regards

Bill

#332987 - 10/29/11 06:23 PM Re: The KN 7000 is still up to date? [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bernie,
I heard a preacher say that the reason there are so many people using the net is not just for knowledge;
75% of these people just want to be connected to another person.

John C.

#332996 - 10/30/11 03:59 AM Re: The KN 7000 is still up to date? [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Indeed, there are millions of otherwise lonely people out there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online