SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#339599 - 02/13/12 07:59 AM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: ianmcnll]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I wasn't suggesting Robbo (or anyone) should refrain from talking about problems here, but its not the place to get more technical issues such as this resolved and certainly it is totally pointless complaining about poor support and becoming frustrated when nobody from Ketron Italy posts a reply on this board. I try and help from time to time as does AJ but its not our place to start emailing the factory about a fault with an Australian Audya.

There is nothing wrong with sharing knowledge or asking for help, but clearly when there is a problem such as with Robbo's Audya, then surely the distributor should be the first port of call. I for one would be on them like a ton of bricks until the situation is resolved.

By the way, Ketrons phone number is on their website - the office staff speak English...anyone can pick up the phone if they realy cant get satisfaction from their distributor. I talk to them regularly this way.

#339684 - 02/13/12 06:32 PM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
As your double posting here goes:

Robbo, honestly, this is not a Ketron support forum and whilst its fine to air your grievances, if you have a problem you realy do need to put the effort into chasing your distributor, after all they took your money to support you.

I know for a fact that if we have a problem similar yours at Ketron UK (and in all honestly it does happen from time to time) Ketron Italy work with us to resolve the problem. We can talk to them by phone and email. Some issues take a little longer if they are more challenging, but we have always been able to work them out.

I don't know about your particular problem (first I have heard of it) - but the factory do need to know so they can help, so please do contact your distributor.

Send your serial number and the checksum and alltabs test results as the factory are only going to ask for that information anyway.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi TWD,,, really it's not so much an angry rant, but more of a want to have a list of ways to correct an error, and then if all else fails contact the distributor. In my case Im in Melbourne the Seller/Distributor in Sydney 800 miles away!. I'm sure you can appreciate the dilemma in sending or loosing a board when the problem happens intermitantly, and takes hands on for hours (no warranty now) sometimes to reproduce or locate an error.

In my case the sustain pedal, I understand you have a flawless Audya, why is this when others have not?? and it does seem to be random faults with no real pattern or logic in the problems being experienced. More like a OS corruption, than a hardware problem.

Well I am happy now, I'll try a different pedal to eliminate the faulty pedal cause, and then after that if its the same will contact distributor/ketron italy

Thanks mate, dont get me wrong I only want whats best for all

#339717 - 02/13/12 11:27 PM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: Robbo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Robbo,

An answer to your question about TWD having a perfect Audya is simple. if he had a faulty one he would fix it and then it would be faultless, you assume it was faultless out of the box, I wasn't so lucky like you. I will say this again and again, no one wants to part with a KB and send it anywhere out of your sight to have it fixed, where ever it needs to go, least of all a dealer who knows less than you about it. What should happen is rather simple and perhaps does with other KBs, a clear, clean, unambiguous, no frillies, no cash layout out, swap, yes you got it a new KB, not rocket science, a box arrives at your front door,you take your faulty KB put it in the box and call DHL and the collect is already prepared. When ketron set up their dealer network they need to look at the logistics of getting faulty items back to base, it's part of doing good business,its called PR, you cannot blame the customers for not wanting to let go of an item they need for their work with such poor and in fact no existence response. Robbo, you need to take a very close look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself do you want this to go on, because go on it will unless you take action, no one from the manufacturers will do or your dealer. I always say you need to make a least one decision a day, trying getting rid of the Audya it will be a start, you are getting nowhere with your approach. I am even having trouble selling mine, you haven't started yet, seriously Robbo you are going round in circles and hell it's not your fault, you tell me if I am wrong, the Audya doesn't sound that good you should take all this. Have you thought it wasn't designed to be played upside down, just a thought...Doh drink tinny

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#348382 - 08/04/12 09:57 PM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: ianmcnll]
sglynn Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I came to the forum today because my MS40 freezes up on start up and I was hoping to find a solution. Now I see the Audya is also freezing up. When my MS40 freezes it is on start up. I have to open the case, press on the chips, they crack a little, then it works again. But this is too unreliable to use for live gigs. Does anyone know about fixing this? I think it is related to grounding. It is worse when I use an extension chord. Thanks for any help you can provide. Much appreciated.

#348384 - 08/04/12 10:18 PM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: Robbo]
Tony Hughes Offline

These are old war wounds from the Audya ( and I am getting all emotional now) these all got fixed, no one has an Audya locking up anymore and I don't think it's anything to do with extension cords and I don't want to talk about it anymore, I get upset and start shaking.. the MS40 is an old piece of kit, surely if it did have lock ups they would have been cured or known about. TWD is perhaps your best man ever with this kit, not sure he is that old he would remember a MS40 unless I have my facts wrong on the age of the MS40.. good luck with it. If you are distrubing something when you take the top off a clean and look for dry joints might be in order.

Tony

#348442 - 08/05/12 05:40 PM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: Robbo]
Dnj Offline

My X1 froze.....my Sd1 froze....My Midjay froze...nuf said.

#348467 - 08/06/12 12:39 AM Re: Possible cause of freeze in Audya [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
My X1 froze.....my Sd1 froze....My Midjay froze...nuf said.

Donny,

Turn the heating up a notch or two, you can't take all that money with you. rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online