SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#341198 - 03/01/12 09:09 AM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Tony,

During the 7 weeks we performed together we did lots of songs as a duo, many of which the crowds absolutely loved. The last song we performed together was Unforgetable, which was at Avondell, an upscale retirement community in the town of Bel Air, MD. When we finished there wasn't a dry eye in the place and the applause seemed endless. Since then, everyplace I go wants to know when Laura will be back. And, a couple ADs offered to pay an extra $50 if we performed as a duo, something that is unheard of around this part of the world.

With luck, she will be doing a lot more with me this summer, and she said she's trying to find a way to head to the Florida Keys next winter and spend some time performing with me in the Tiki Bars. She may even sail to the Bahamas with me, but I'm not sure if this will happen, mainly because Grandma will have to become a full-time baby sitter during the time she's with me on the boat.

Thanks again,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#341202 - 03/01/12 09:14 AM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
Beakybird Offline

Beautifully done. Fantastic story! Thanks so much for sharing this.

#341240 - 03/01/12 05:45 PM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Fantastic rendition of a much beloved song. I'm surprised Laura has no previous professional experience. She sound like a pro to me!
I think I see a great musical dou in your future. Best wishes to the both of you.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#341294 - 03/02/12 08:26 PM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary,
For me, crying just at the sound of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" would be a vast improvement. I cry during Randolph Scott movies.
Can you use a sax player.
Do "Unforgettable" eh?

#341489 - 03/06/12 08:18 AM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
One of my fave songs, good story, good job! Best of luck with whatever ails ya, amigo!

#341514 - 03/06/12 02:07 PM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks guys and gals for the kudos. Laura has read all the posts and I think we'll be doing some duets in the very near future. Turns out my eye surgery was botched really bad, and from all outward appearances I'll be having more surgery in the next few weeks. If this is the case, she'll be back working with me in the very near future.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#341516 - 03/06/12 02:09 PM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I was late getting to this Gary...I can only echo the opinions above.

Very nice stuff, indeed.

Ian

#341522 - 03/06/12 03:05 PM Re: Over The Rainbow... [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... As great a duo you and Laura make, I hope your next eye surgery is soon and completely successful ...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online