SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#341217 - 03/01/12 12:21 PM Re: Korg MIcrostation vs Microarranger keys [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Slipping through my fingers!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341265 - 03/02/12 06:34 AM Re: Korg MIcrostation vs Microarranger keys [Re: Scott Langholff]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
There certain situations where the KMA is a godsend for me. Yes, the keys are bit award at first but well worth the adjustment. I'm not planning to try to pull  off some heavy virtuoso  stuff on KMA- just your run of mill  pop stuff. 

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#341277 - 03/02/12 12:29 PM Re: Korg MIcrostation vs Microarranger keys [Re: Scott Langholff]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Now't wrong wit little keys. I think they are brilliant, I've only got a little wife as well and she's pretty cool too.

Now I've got the MicroARANGER and the MicroSTATION to talk to each other I'm more than happy.

I,ve managed to split Bass, Drums from the MS, right hand voices and accompaniment from the KMA into four separate inputs on the R16. Vocaliser lead and harmony voices into two more and a guitar into another, seven tracks in all recordin simultaneously. Download the lot into Cubase and tweak to your hearts content.

BTW The R16 also works really well as a live mixer, Some superb effects.

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (03/02/12 12:29 PM)

#341279 - 03/02/12 01:23 PM Re: Korg MIcrostation vs Microarranger keys [Re: Scott Langholff]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Thanks for the reply. For me, that took me off the market to even consider a microarranger. I play by touch and feel which makes it extra easy to play. I know I couldn't or wouldn't want to deal with keys like that.

Scott, after playing the MicroStation, I felt exactly the same as you. I'm sure the small keys will suit some players, but, like you, I've got to have normal sized keys to feel like I'm actually playing a keyboard. The FSX keybed in the Tyros4 is absolutely superb...just enough resistance and weight, yet light enough for fast passages. Pure heaven!

Ian

#341280 - 03/02/12 01:31 PM Re: Korg MIcrostation vs Microarranger keys [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Saswick

Now I've got the MicroARANGER and the MicroSTATION to talk to each other I'm more than happy.

I,ve managed to split Bass, Drums from the MS, right hand voices and accompaniment from the KMA into four separate inputs on the R16. Vocaliser lead and harmony voices into two more and a guitar into another, seven tracks in all recordin simultaneously. Download the lot into Cubase and tweak to your hearts content.

BTW The R16 also works really well as a live mixer, Some superb effects.

Regards

Col

That sounds like a pretty cool setup, Col...and very flexible (and portable!) as well.

Ian

#341403 - 03/04/12 05:29 PM Re: Korg MIcrostation vs Microarranger keys [Re: Saswick]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Now't wrong wit little keys. I think they are brilliant, I've only got a little wife as well and she's pretty cool too.

Col

Can't agree with you more, Col.
There are lots of great pianist who also play acoordion perfecctly.
IMHO, the KMA is like an accordion compared to a piano. Because they are different instrunents, their key's size don't really matter.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online