SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#345372 - 06/05/12 08:19 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: 124
For "new" we've been doing Adele's version of the not so new Bob Dylan song, "To Make You Feel My Love". Just doing it solo piano to start then bringing in some warm pad sounds to build a bit towards the end. It's one of the few songs we leave fairly 'naked' without any vocal harmony. Makes a nice sonic lull and quiet spot in the program.

124 ... I've also recently added "To Make You Feel My Love" to my playlist, along with an ALABAMA song Gary D introduced me to: "Feels So Right"

#345373 - 06/05/12 08:32 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great rendition, Tony. Yes, I have the Italian lyrics, and the rendition I'm doing is one by Jerry Vale, but with an Adriatic style. I'll try to record it today while on a job.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345379 - 06/05/12 01:10 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: tony mads usa]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
Tony
I see your picture all the time , Never expected you to have a voice like that., Very Nice.
Roger

#345380 - 06/05/12 01:44 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: RC]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: RC
Tony
I see your picture all the time , Never expected you to have a voice like that., Very Nice.
Roger

HMMM?!? ... not sure what that means confused , but thanks for the compliment grin ...
Actually, Roger, I have been told that I have a 'young' voice ... I guess that just means I look OLD !!! grin

#345404 - 06/06/12 01:49 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: Scottyee]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I appreciate the traditional Spanish version of El Cumbachero by Puerto Rican composer Rafael Hernandez Marin, yet interestingly enough, another rendition I also like is the rock guitar version that Finnish band, Topi Sorsakosiki & the Agents did back in 1984. Thanks to my Synthzone finnish buddy Heikki (aka: the Wolf) for introducing me to this band and Finnish Iskelma music in general.

Hey man, damn straight El Cumba performed Agents style is great, we play it on every gig. Never heard this live version though, thanks for the share.

#345431 - 06/06/12 12:21 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Great rendition, Tony. Yes, I have the Italian lyrics, and the rendition I'm doing is one by Jerry Vale, but with an Adriatic style. I'll try to record it today while on a job.

Gary cool

Gary ... did you get to do the recording?

#345433 - 06/06/12 12:30 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony...nice mellow voice. Guys like you are part of the reason I really don't like to sing!

R.
(Do play Al Di La on a mandolin, if that counts! First time was on a bet. Restaurant owner bet me $200.00 I couldn't play it on mandolin the next night. I bought a mandolin for $140.00, learned the tune on the way up to the gig (my partner drove)...played the tune....collected $200.00..went back to the store to pay for the mandolin the next day...ended my mandolin career immediately LOL).

#345434 - 06/06/12 01:06 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, I tried again today, but I have to work in the Video to extract the song. Hopefully, I can post this one later today.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345458 - 06/06/12 04:41 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Tony, I tried again today, but I have to work in the Video to extract the song. Hopefully, I can post this one later today.

Gary cool

Just post the video!!! grin dance2

#345459 - 06/06/12 04:45 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Russ thank you ... but it's like the curly haired woman who wants STRAIGHT hair and the straight haired woman who wants CURLY hair ... I would love to have a little bluesy growl in my voice ... bluesbros

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online