Topic Options
#347161 - 07/17/12 05:39 AM WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo
Ketron User Offline

Hello,

WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional with latest SoftwareRelease V1 R00.04 Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vMBpCfGeNI

Regards,

Carlo

#347163 - 07/17/12 06:45 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the nice demo..... This model Wersi sounds really good, great Scats, Guitars, Drawbars, etc, ....would of liked to hear more..love the big screen....is there a vocal processor in the Pegasus also? Is this an open architecture Os also?

Edited by Dnj (07/17/12 06:46 AM)

#347166 - 07/17/12 07:12 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Keep an eye on Music Store TV as if my German translation is correct, there are more to come.

Hi Carlo

Dont forget you can actually embed YouTube Vidos in your post by clicking the TV Screen in the bar above where you type your text, and then entering the URL

Bill

#347167 - 07/17/12 07:37 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
abacus Offline

Hi DNJ

There is no vocal processor in the Wing, (Although if demand was there it could be added) as most users ignored the vocal processor on OAS 7 instruments in favour of the TC Helicon system.

The exception was the US, where artists appeared to like the Wersi one. (Alter hearing it I am not sure why though)

The Wing has a totally different keyboard OS to OAS 7 instruments (Although the main sound engine remains the same, as does style compatibility) and so is not as open or as flexible as OAS 7 instruments are, (Hence the price gap) but it is still fully upgradable, with new features, sound packs/styles and VST being added all the time. (Sound/Style packs and VST are obviously cost options, just like the premium packs are for Yamaha keyboards)

Hope this helps

Bill

#347172 - 07/17/12 08:18 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi DNJ

There is no vocal processor in the Wing, (Although if demand was there it could be added) as most users ignored the vocal processor on OAS 7 instruments in favour of the TC Helicon system.

The exception was the US, where artists appeared to like the Wersi one. (Alter hearing it I am not sure why though)

The Wing has a totally different keyboard OS to OAS 7 instruments (Although the main sound engine remains the same, as does style compatibility) and so is not as open or as flexible as OAS 7 instruments are, (Hence the price gap) but it is still fully upgradable, with new features, sound packs/styles and VST being added all the time. (Sound/Style packs and VST are obviously cost options, just like the premium packs are for Yamaha keyboards)

Hope this helps

Bill

Bill thanx for the info...I'd love to play one here somewhere in the USA Philly area? Not that I would ever have a need for them but I thought the scats rivaled the Roland G70 wink The Pegasus looks like a nice package ....hope to see more demos soon.

#347173 - 07/17/12 08:39 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
Tony Hughes Offline

Blah Blah Blah,

It's sounds hellish good but will someone tell me how much the software is to get it to this level. OMG dare we ask or has anyone got some we can copy....did I just say that... Billy's on a roll now... taz

BTW bill how many abacus beads do we need to buy the software.

http://www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2011/01/abacus.jpg

#347174 - 07/17/12 08:58 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Sounds very good indeed, but I can't help comparing it with a much older arranger with 76 keys...the Roland G-70.

I think the G-70 has better drums, the sounds, including the drawbar organ, electric pianos are very much on par...and the G-70 is how old?

Perhaps Fran knows when it was introduced, but I really don't see a big difference between the demo posted, and the on line demos of the G-70.

Of course, sound is subjective, and this is my personal opinion.

Yes, the Wing can be upgraded with software, but how much will it cost the user to sound significantly better than a far older arranger (and one with a known reliability record)?

Ian

#347175 - 07/17/12 09:53 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
Tony Hughes Offline

Look I love the Wersi sounds and this Wing sounds nice, but anything to do with the name Wersi sends shivers down my spine, historically anything to do with it is in tatters and no trying to convince me that it now under new ownership won't wash, a lot of water would need to go under the bridge before I dip my toe in.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347180 - 07/17/12 10:55 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
will someone tell me how much the software is to get it to this level. http://www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2011/01/abacus.jpg

NONE: thats how it comes OOTB

Bill

#347181 - 07/17/12 11:20 AM Re: WERSI PEGASUS Wing Professional Demo [Re: Ketron User]
abacus Offline

Hi Ian

I too am not overly impressed as the demo seems more focused on the German market (Logical I suppose) which tend to be a younger crowd (Who love that type of sound) then us old fogeys round here, however I think this is the first video with more to come so hopefully we will get more sounds and set-ups as used in the usual arranger demos. (Boring, but then when some folks get older they lose all sense of adventure violin )

Bill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online