SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#348524 - 08/06/12 12:04 PM Has anyone dealt with this company?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I need a 'low-profile' sound card for my PC ... waiting to hear from 'Creative' but may have to go here as an alternative ...

SIIG sound card

#348635 - 08/07/12 01:05 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Well... I hope they are good because I just ordered one of those sound cards ... juggle

FYI ... Sound cards for 'small frame (form)' PCs are hard to find ... frown

Anyone using USB type sound cards?

#348637 - 08/07/12 01:18 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
Tony Hughes Offline

Talking to yourself again Tony, beats the hell out of talking to us lot.... rotf2 its just a sound card Tony shouldn't be a problem

Tony

#348647 - 08/07/12 03:06 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Talking to yourself again Tony, beats the hell out of talking to us lot....
Tony

Most of the time I am my best audience ...

#348649 - 08/07/12 03:34 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Tony

About a year ago, I forgot to disconnect the headphone jack on my laptop from my amp before moving it and pretty well tore the headphone jack loose from the motherboard, so I bought one of those small Behringer USB-Audio modules. I got the one with RCA line in/out jacks and a 1/8 inch headphone jack with a volume control. I Velcroed it to the lid of the laptop and have been perfectly happy with it ever since. I appreciate having the RCA jacks to work with, rather than the flimsy 1/8 inch stereo jacks that can become an intermittent connection nuisance after a while, but I can not state for certain that the audio quality of the Behringer is any better than the internal sound card. It was just a cheap and dirty way of getting around the damaged headphone jack. Sorry I can not help you with SIIG, as I have never dealt with them, but I understand your plight. I have two space saver HP Pavilions that are difficult to expand.

I have been thinking about that M-Audio USB stand alone module that provides both audio and MIDI interface for one of the Pavilions for a setup that, at least, feels a little more professional. I figure that that will be easier than an equivalent interface card to fit inside the Pavilion.

Edited by tnicoson (08/07/12 03:42 PM)

#348664 - 08/07/12 07:17 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tnicoson]
tony mads usa Offline

Ted ... thnx for the response ... I had given some consideration to the USB type, but decided to go with the card ... I have been totally satisfied with my Creative Audigy - even though it's old - but of course that was full size ...
We'll see - or I should say HEAR - what the new one sounds like ... smile

Good luck with your set-up ...

#349164 - 08/15/12 05:37 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
its just a sound card Tony shouldn't be a problem ...
Tony

well, it may be "just a sound card", but it sure is a good one ... I thought the Creative Audigy sounded good, but this one sounds even better ... so keep posting those music demos guys ... grin

BTW ...while I've had great success finding info on-line to help me get this 'new' PC together, there were some comments about this sound card that almost scared me off ... a couple said 'do NOT use the supplied software disc" as it created problems with Win7 ... well I didn't initially and after installing the card and hooking up the speakers I turned the PC on ... Win7 found the drivers, etc. but I still had no sound computer ... after trying a number of options, I 'bit the bullet' and put the software cd in ... it lead me to a couple of instructions that got everything working fine ... fortunately ... grin

#349169 - 08/15/12 07:19 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You know what they say, Tony. 'When all else fails, read the instructions.' smile smile

chas

#349170 - 08/15/12 07:29 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
You know what they say, Tony. 'When all else fails, read the instructions.' smile smile

chas

certainly NOT the MANLY thing to do ... laugh2

#349171 - 08/15/12 07:47 PM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Tony, any truth to the rumor that you've been late for the last ten gigs because of your refusal to ask for directions?

smile

chas

#349190 - 08/16/12 07:58 AM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Tony, any truth to the rumor that you've been late for the last ten gigs because of your refusal to ask for directions?

smile

chas

in 58 years I've been late for only ONE gig, and that was due to a mix up in the date ... and I DO ask for directions ...

#349191 - 08/16/12 07:59 AM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

... after failing to find my way !!! grin

#349193 - 08/16/12 08:32 AM Re: Has anyone dealt with this company? [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... after failing to find my way !!! grin

smile smile smile smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online