SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#349248 - 08/17/12 02:16 PM Re: Client cancels: What would YOU do? [Re: Mark79100]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
1. I showed up for a NYE job at a long-time clients home, and the job was canceled. She (a local physician) passed away several days before, and in the turbulence that followed, they forgot to call me. I LET THAT ONE SLIDE!

2. On a job I had for 14 seasons, on the patio, a decision was made to close for the weather, and they forgot to tell me. I LET THAT ONE SLIDE, because they were so good to work for and I had been there so long.

3. A jerk who operated a Cajun restaurant double-booked and didn't tell me. I refused all future bookings and told the established players in the area that the guy was STILL trying to play games. He was NEVER able to book the top tier players and was shut down for failure to pay taxes shortly thereafter.

4. I was booked at a Helmsly Hotel that sold to Ramada. They lost their license to sell booze...something about needing a one year lease for the property in the name of the franchise to secure the license. I went to work and the bar was locked. I turned the place over to my lawyer, who collected the 6 weeks pay for the balance of the contract.

5. I went to work in another Ramada, and the front door was locked....bankruptcy. Took me 3 months to get my equipment back, thru efforts of my lawyer and a music store that could help resurrect receipts to prove that the equipment was mine. Salary was lost...I was listed as a creditor. Lost 4 weeks of money.

I guess my answer to your original question is..."it depends".

I would not hesitate to sue a jerk trying to "get over", but I'd certainly cut descent people who simply made a mistake
some slack...especially, if I had a good relationship in the past and there was more opportunity for mutually satisfying business.

Sounds like you did what was right for you and your situation.

Russ

#349256 - 08/17/12 06:35 PM Re: Client cancels: What would YOU do? [Re: captain Russ]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Quote:
[/quote]how to get married,[quote]

I must have missed that class; that's why I didn't do it right the first time!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online