SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#353358 - 10/23/12 02:16 AM Re: sheet music [Re: BLUEROSEY]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Loc: WALES UK
Thanks Tony
They are the very ones I am after, all I need now is the dots, found the guitar chords but I am not knowledgeable enough to convert them. B

#353486 - 10/24/12 12:56 PM Re: sheet music [Re: BLUEROSEY]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
B ... convert them to what?
I play a kn6000 ... One method I have used when trying to learn a melody line by 'ear' is to "Easy Record' and Save the chord changes and rhythm while NOT recording the Rt1 track, and then keep playing it back while trying to 'pick out' the melody using Rt 1 ... You can also slow the tempo down to help you through this ...

If you want to 'convert' or 'transpose' the chords shown on 'chordie.com to a different key signature, on the 'chordie.com' site "All My Life's A Circle" is shown in the key of 'G' ... If you want to transpose to the key of 'F' there is a 'transpose' box on the right hand side of the page ... click on it and select -2 semitones ... if you want to transpose it to the key of 'C', select +5 semitones, etc. ...

Another method I learned a loooong time ago is to write down the scale of the key the song is written in and below it write down the scale of the key I want to transpose to ... i.e. if I want to transpose a song from 'G' to 'C' I would write down the following ...
G A B C D E F# G
C D E F G A B C
A 'B' in the key of 'G' becomes an 'E' in the key of 'C', an 'F#' becomes a B, and so on ...
Hope this helps ...

Edited by tony mads usa (10/24/12 01:09 PM)

#353548 - 10/25/12 07:01 AM Re: sheet music [Re: tony mads usa]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Sorry Tony I should have said right from the start that I have only partial hearing, playing by ear is not possible. I can play from a musical score only, but thanks for trying. B

#353669 - 10/29/12 03:09 AM Re: sheet music [Re: BLUEROSEY]
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi

If you let me have your email address, I'll send you a copy.

John

#353670 - 10/29/12 04:17 AM Re: sheet music [Re: John North]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Thanks John, please check your PM box

B

Edited by BLUEROSEY (10/29/12 04:17 AM)

#353671 - 10/29/12 04:29 AM Re: sheet music [Re: John North]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Got it John, thanks a lot
BLUEROSEY

#354049 - 11/04/12 04:04 PM Re: sheet music [Re: BLUEROSEY]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Tony,

I've only just read your request for some dots. I've checked my huge catalogue of music and think I may have the one you are looking for. It is called CIRCLE as you say, Words and Music by Harry Chaplin and I give below the words used in the song:-

ALL MY LIFE’S A CIRCLE, SUNRISE AND SUNDOWN, THE MOON ROLLS THRU THE NIGHT TIME,
TILL DAY BREAK COMES AROUND. ALL MY LIFE’S A CIRCLE, BUT I CAN’T TELL YOU WHY
THE SEASONS SPINNING ROUND AGAIN, THE YEARS KEEP ROLLING BY.

IT SEEMS LIKE I’VE BEEN HERE BEFORE, I CAN’T REMEMBER WHEN BUT I’VE GOT THIS FUNNY FEELING THAT I’LL BE BACK ONCE AGAIN. THERE’S NO STRAIGHT LINES MAKE UP MY LIFE, AND ALL MY ROADS HAVE BENDS,THERE’S NO CLEAR CUT BEGINNINGS AND SO FAR NO DEEP ENDS.
O0O

I’VE FOUND YOU A THOUSAND TIMES, I GUESS YOU’VE DONE THE SAME, BUT THEN WE’LL LOSE EACH OTHER, IT’S JUST LIKE CHILDREN’S GAMES AND AS I SEE YOU HERE AGAIN, THE THOUGHT RUNS THRU MY MIND OUR LOVE IS LIKE A CIRCLE, LET’S GO ‘ROUND ONE MORE TIME.

If this is the one you're looking for and you send me your email address, I'll see if I can get my scanner to work and send it to you.

Audrey

#354138 - 11/06/12 01:24 AM Re: sheet music [Re: Audrey Turner]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Hello Audrey,
I assume this was meant for me not Tony because I am the one looking for the dots. I have had some sent to me from John who very kindly transposed a version for me that I have been playing. But if you have the version as written I would very much like a copy.
Thanks in anticipation
Rose (bluerosey)

#354156 - 11/06/12 09:35 AM Re: sheet music [Re: Audrey Turner]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Audrey Turner
Hello Tony,

I've only just read your request for some dots. I've checked my huge catalogue of music and think I may have the one you are looking for. It is called CIRCLE as you say, Words and Music by Harry Chaplin and I give below the words used in the song:-

ALL MY LIFE’S A CIRCLE, SUNRISE AND SUNDOWN, THE MOON ROLLS THRU THE NIGHT TIME,
TILL DAY BREAK COMES AROUND. ALL MY LIFE’S A CIRCLE, BUT I CAN’T TELL YOU WHY
THE SEASONS SPINNING ROUND AGAIN, THE YEARS KEEP ROLLING BY.

IT SEEMS LIKE I’VE BEEN HERE BEFORE, I CAN’T REMEMBER WHEN BUT I’VE GOT THIS FUNNY FEELING THAT I’LL BE BACK ONCE AGAIN. THERE’S NO STRAIGHT LINES MAKE UP MY LIFE, AND ALL MY ROADS HAVE BENDS,THERE’S NO CLEAR CUT BEGINNINGS AND SO FAR NO DEEP ENDS.
O0O

I’VE FOUND YOU A THOUSAND TIMES, I GUESS YOU’VE DONE THE SAME, BUT THEN WE’LL LOSE EACH OTHER, IT’S JUST LIKE CHILDREN’S GAMES AND AS I SEE YOU HERE AGAIN, THE THOUGHT RUNS THRU MY MIND OUR LOVE IS LIKE A CIRCLE, LET’S GO ‘ROUND ONE MORE TIME.

If this is the one you're looking for and you send me your email address, I'll see if I can get my scanner to work and send it to you.

Audrey

Audrey ... Rose is correct in that it was she who was looking for it ... ALTHOUGH, I would not mind having a copy to see if I might add it to my repertoire ...
My e-mail address can be found in my profile, but is:
tony_lydia@verizon.net
Thank you

#354197 - 11/07/12 07:26 AM Re: sheet music [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Thank you, John ...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online