SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355143 - 11/22/12 06:26 AM Thanksgiving
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Not for everyone so don't feel obligated (or guilty) but, if you're looking for something or someone to 'pass it on' to, please consider a donation to either Volunteers of America (specifying that it be directed to the Homeless Vietnam Veterans project) or the Wounded Warriors Project. Thanks.

I (and wife) will be spending Thanksgiving serving dinner to our local homeless population, a large percentage of whom are Vietnam Vets. This weekend, my wife and I hosted a group of our friends (mostly Black airline pilots who flew combat in Vietnam (either Cobras or fighter jets) and I was able to shame them into donating $100.00 each for a total of $1ooo.00 which we gave to a local shelter for homeless vets (and their families). After the party we left the wives at my house and went to a indoor gocart track and finally closed the night out in a topless bar (for old times sake smile ). I'm not proud of the last part. Anyhoo........

If you can, a few bucks to help a homeless or wounded Vet would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

chas

#355152 - 11/22/12 07:46 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... very noble ... and DARING!!! ( for the LAST part - but everybody deserves SOME fun ... party

We support the Wounded Warriors Project ... as one who was on active duty during the US blockade of Cuba and in the US Army Reserves during Viet Nam, I was very lucky not to have to see 'action' ...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving ...

Edited by tony mads usa (11/22/12 07:47 AM)

#355156 - 11/22/12 08:26 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Nice Chas...you are a good guy. If we donate will the go-carts and nude bar be part of the deal? bounce

Seriously, there should be no homeless Viet Nam Vets, especially wounded warriors, so people like you and your wife providing this type of service is awesome. Hopefully they can find a way out.

Happy Thanksgiving

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#355157 - 11/22/12 09:07 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Not all that good, Larry. More like feeling a little bit lucky and a little bit guilty ("there but by the grace of 'God' go I" syndrome). The gov't (VA) tries to help but most of the guys from the Vietnam era were just too late to the party, so to speak. My wife who is/was a mental health professional and formerly Director of Mental Health Services at a large Philly Institution, is very active with volunteer organizations serving this population.

Anyhow, the 'nudie bar' is only part of the deal if you sign a medical waiver smile . You old codgers can only stand so much excitement.

Have a good Thanksgiving. BTW, I'm off the Eagles bandwagon and am now a full time Falcons fanboy. Ok, so I'm a fairweather friend, I admit it. Don't worry, I'll be back next season smile smile .

chas

#355198 - 11/23/12 09:13 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
And THAT is why Chas is my very good friend!

Russ
(I admire BOTH the fundraising AND the boobs (not his...the dancers (LOL)!

#355355 - 11/26/12 09:37 PM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
You old codgers can only stand so much excitement.
Have a good Thanksgiving. BTW, I'm off the Eagles bandwagon and am now a full time Falcons fanboy. Ok, so I'm a fairweather friend, I admit it. Don't worry, I'll be back next season smile smile .
chas

... yes, between a 'nudie' bar and my SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NY GIANTS, I'm getting enough excitement ... grin
... and chas, I thought you would be more of a loyal fan than that smirk ... I watched some of tonight's game, and granted it was against another poor team (Jags), the e-girls didn't look too bad tonight considering all their injuries ...
... and I WILL be rooting for them against Dallas next week ... grin

#355361 - 11/27/12 07:26 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Tony, Eagles fans would root for Osama Bin Laden if he were playing against Dallas smile smile smile . And you're right, if they can cure their fumbling problems and get most of their starters healthy, they'd probably look halfway decent. But with the Eagles, it's always.......next year. But like 'tomorrow', 'next year' never comes. Oh well, thank goodness for the Falcons (my current home team ---which I've come to like, btw). I'm not getting my hopes up though. They haven't really played anybody and are about the weakest-looking 10-1 team I've seen in awhile. BTW, your NYG looked great and Eli looks like he's back in form. Hope you'll be seeing a lot more Salsa dances in the endzone in postseason smile .

chas

#355445 - 11/28/12 11:57 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

... that's funny ... and thnx for the kind words about my GIANTS ... they DID look pretty good ...
... not to get into politics, but in line with your comment about e-girls fans, after the people in this State re-elected ALL the Dems (plus 3 more) who have done NOTHING to help this State, one writer to the newspaper said RIers would vote for the devil against Mother Theresa if he ran as a Dem ...

#355466 - 11/28/12 02:23 PM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Tony, we'll be moving to RI as soon as possible. I may wait to see how far the Falcons go in the playoffs smile smile . Must be a lot of smart people up that way. I'll look you up after the move smile smile . I may be bringing Russ with me (once I get him converted smile ). His heart is in the right place, he's just making too much money right now to be a Democrat smile .

chas

#355524 - 11/29/12 09:06 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I took a little of those Republican dollars and sent them to the Wounded Warrior Project folks.

Certainly a worthy cause. I can relate. I was in Louisville taking the last physical before shipping out in 1966. Had stomach issues that earned me a 4F.

I certainly would have gone, and know lots of classmates who either didn't make it or came back either severely physically or mentally damaged.

Good find, friend!

Russ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online