SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#339375 - 02/11/12 10:10 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

So.............we're ALL happy, nothing wrong with that it seems to me !!!

Regards,
John

P.S. Bachus, about conversions : they never stand up to the real thing, and believe you me I have massive experience wit those. As to those performing on stage I can well understand being happier with one keyboard..........or possibly a sneaky addition of e.g. a Micro ?
But as I do not play outside the confines of my livingroom this is no issue to me. With Frans I considered the software options but decided it was not my thing......

#339385 - 02/11/12 10:58 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
When it comes to arranger playing
I prefer the separate but equal approach.
I like being able to pick and choose
the 'one keyboard' to take with me
that best suits a specific gig situation. smile

Thursday: Vanilla
Friday: Chocolate
Saturday: Chocolate

#339387 - 02/11/12 11:17 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

You have Chocolate on Friday and Saturday you will end up a fat little git dance2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#339394 - 02/11/12 12:08 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I love to experiment but have not the technical wherewithal of some of you. I sold my G70 and am down my KN7000 and Audya for arrangers, not counting my vArranger. I also have my Nord Electro2 and laptop with B42 and V3 organ with an Axiom 61 controller.

Let's suppose I don't need two arrangers and want to include my Korg Micro with style control midi'd down to a bottom keyboard.
What choices to I have for lower. My only present problem is lack of different sounds on the Nord.

1. Maybe a light used nonarranger.
2. Axiom and laptop with more VST's
3. Axiom with vArranger(SD2).

I need fast selectable instruments without taking one of my big arrangers.

Bernie

#357294 - 12/22/12 08:08 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Nigel]
synthola Offline

As a new member to this board, I have discovered this thread a little late. However, it's nice to see other folks using these downsized boards that I have come to love! Actually, the board I play is a Korg MicroStation--and I have replaced my entire gig rig with it.

In my(cover)band, I have played for years covering bass duty (left hand) and pads/leads/rhythms (rt. hand) on boards from other arrangers (Yamaha PSR 730) to synths (Kurz K2000, Equinox, MR61, etc.). ALL were heavy and a PIA to break down at the end of the night. Now, I have all the great Korg sounds laid out and split into my necessary patches on a board that I can carry on my shoulder (I use a soft short rifle case i bought at the Army Navy store for a case!) and get this--my stand is a tripod boom mic with a KB "shelf" I fashioned--now its a tiny lightweight version of my Apex/KB/Mic stand! Love this thig--If I could attach pics I would, you wouldnt believe the small footprint. For my Jazz gigs I use a Behringer B212--small, powered, light 500watt PA --and I can carry my whole rig now, without a cart, out to the econo-car in one trip! Fantastic.

I got used to the smaller keys in a day. There's nothing to it.

Now, for a question for you guys--I am thinking of getting the Micro Arranger and dont know if I'll keep the Micro Station. Are the sound patches the same? They seemed different at the music store the other day--

Thanks in advance

Synthola

#357297 - 12/22/12 08:28 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Years ago in the early 80's before arrangers I played left hand bass with my Yamaha CS01 II small keys were no problem then ...it even had breath control also!

http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/cs1.php

#357298 - 12/22/12 08:49 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hell,

I forgotten all about that little critter " THE KMA " dance2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357302 - 12/22/12 09:27 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The small keys are okay for soloing, as a few organs on the market, several years ago, sported a third keyboard with smaller keys that were designed exactly for that...however, on the organs there was a coupler that allowed you to assign that uppermost keyboard voice to the manual below, allowing for playing the selected sound using normal sized keys if you wished.

I had a Yamaha CS01 like Donny, and it was only for solos (and bass lines), and rightly so, as it was monophonic and played one note at a time, max. The small keys weren't an issue for that very reason.

I found chording on the KMA (and other similar sized keybeds produced and discontinued by Yamaha many years ago), very awkward, and especially so if there was another keyboard with full sized keys involved in the setup. Intervals were obviously different, and I found the benefits of the smaller mini keyboard (smaller footprint, easy transport, very light weight) not enough to choose it over a mid sized PSR or Roland that hardly were heavyweights and offered far more playing enjoyment.

Still there are those who love the KMA and, I can see why...it just isn't something I'd use.

Ian

#357303 - 12/22/12 09:28 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Tony Hughes]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Hell,

I forgotten all about that little critter

No suprise there, Tony. Do you know where you are right now?

chas

#357308 - 12/22/12 10:00 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: cgiles]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Hell,

I forgotten all about that little critter

No suprise there, Tony. Do you know where you are right now?

chas

Cosmic !!!! ( ...you have to admit Tony.....)

regards
John

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online