SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36273 - 08/29/10 05:10 AM AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hello again Everyone. It's been a while since I've posted anything on SZ. I just wanted to say Hi and share a few things with you Audya owners.

I performed the Sound Upgrade on my Audya and I must say: I am Thrilled with the new sounds.

The upgrade went with out a hitch and even corrected the ROM error I had in KET 09 and my Audio out glitch's are all but gone.

The improvement and addition's in the Guitars, Sax's and Brass sections are simply AWESOME! As well as many other solo voices. The wait was well worth it!

For those of you that haven't found all the new styles included in the upgrade, here is a list of the new ones:

BLUESY_MOOD
GROOVY FUNK
MIX_HIP HOP
POP_LATIN
SHUFFLE_BOOGIE
SMOOTH_FOX
brassy fox
ENERGY_RAP
FRESH GROOVE
HOUSE_FEVER
LOUNGE_BOSSA2
LOUNGE_GROOVE
NU SOUL
POP_BALLAD3
R&B BALLAD 3
ROMANTIC FOX
SAMBA_ROCK
STREET DANCE
TANGO_AMORE
VALZER_LENTO

A SPECIAL THANK YOU, goes out to Frank for being such a GREAT Ketron Dealer.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU, goes out to Robert Messier for his contributions to Ketron and the help he has provided me.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU, goes out to Tony, Don, TWD and others on SZ who have provided me help, support and the sharing of ideas and discussions with my Audya.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU, goes out to Ketron who despite a few OS glitches has offered ( In MY Opinion, )the best and most AWESOME SOUNDING ARRANGER KEYBOARD ever built!

For those of you that own an Audya and have done the sound upgrade, I hope you are enjoying the " NEW STUFF" as much as I am.

( SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!! )

NiteLife

#36274 - 08/29/10 11:09 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
KK-Studio Offline

Loc: Sweden
Nice to hear that your Audya is OK now!

I can't find these two styles anywhere:

R&B BALLAD 3
TANGO AMORE

Can someone maybe send them my email? Wonder why I'm missing these two??
Someone said that there are 15 new styles in the upgrade, but you're describeing 20.

/KK

#36275 - 08/30/10 09:26 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't see them either.
DonM

#36276 - 08/30/10 10:15 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
NiteLife Offline

Hi Guys,

Robert told me that the Tango Amore was renamed to Tango Classic.

I also do not have R&B Ballad3????

However, After more than a year of ownership, I'm still discovering new stuff on the Audya.

Quite a BEAST to completely tame!

Jim

#36277 - 08/30/10 10:21 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
NiteLife Offline

Just found out from Robert:

Tango amor is now CLASSIC TANGO.
R&B ballad 3 is now POP BALLAD 3.

No wonder we couldn't find them.

Jim

#36278 - 08/30/10 11:19 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
Brian3331 Offline

Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
why did they not upgrade any of the country styles let's face it they needed to

#36279 - 08/30/10 11:44 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
skude Offline

Nitelife
Good to hear your Audya is working fine. The same is mine, after the update the sound is really good. Had some boring work ( have too many reg's )reloading left voice that was changed after the update. BTW Do you ever work with the different banks in style view. A lot of changes can be made very easy to any style. When I say banks I mean Bass bank, ch1-piano bank, ch2-guitar bank 1, ch3-guitar bank 2, ch3- arp&lick, and live guitars. I have worked a lot with my styles using these features. Really great.
Crossing my fingers for a stable KB.
skude

#36280 - 08/30/10 12:42 PM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
NiteLife Offline

Hi SKUDE:

I'm so glad to hear your Audya is playing better also! Are your ROM tests showing all OK? Mine are OK and I'm sure thats why the keyboard is performing much better.

My audio out problem only happens about every 10 boot ups. I can live with that.

I really like the improvements in the solo voices with the sound upgrade. Some of them are exceptional!

I have used style view and have edited some of the styles. That is a nice feature and I've enjoyed changing some of the voices and tweaking the volume levels to better suit my tastes.

I'm getting ready to record my third CD with my new partner. I've made about sixteen over the years and that is always a fun project.

If you haven't yet, feel free to visit my web site WWW.SOUTHERNEXPRESSMUSIC.COM and hang out for a while.

The first CD was recorded with a Yamaha PSR 3000 and a Korg PA80. The second CD was recorded with the Audya and Tyros3. I was very happy with how they turned out and looking forward to recording the next.

Robert Messier told me he personally made 20 new styles this Summer for the Audya. He thinks Ketron will offer them on their web site. I'll let SZ know if I hear more about it.

Robert is a very talented guy and I'm sure he put together some good stuff.

Nothing like new sounds and new styles to make us Audya owners happy!

Jim

#36281 - 08/30/10 02:19 PM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
There is a remarkable difference in the solo sounds. I'm really digging the electric pianos and the synth lead sounds are fantastic.

This may sound funny, but it seems like Ketron looked at their previous keyboards and organized the sound categories more like the older keyboards.

Of all the style categories, the dance styles are very much improved, very modern ( what you hear on the radio) sounding. Love it.

All I need to do is get use to the harmonizer. I'm so use to the SD1 that it's been a big change for me on the Audya.

#36282 - 08/30/10 06:10 PM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I concurr with all said above so far, this keyboard is now the undisputable leader in its class, i've owned them all, and none of them have come close to replicating the sound of Audya, the improvements in the 41b upgrade are fabulous, and i'm looking forward to more upgrades re styles, and other programming improvements, like being able to include the into endings in the registration memories and so on, can,t see any limitations on Audya now, looks like a stable OS that can be expanded!!

#36283 - 08/31/10 02:00 AM Re: AUDYA SOUND PACKAGE UPGRADE
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Hi SKUDE:

I'm so glad to hear your Audya is playing better also! Are your ROM tests showing all OK? Mine are OK and I'm sure thats why the keyboard is performing much better.

My audio out problem only happens about every 10 boot ups. I can live with that.

I really like the improvements in the solo voices with the sound upgrade. Some of them are exceptional!

I have used style view and have edited some of the styles. That is a nice feature and I've enjoyed changing some of the voices and tweaking the volume levels to better suit my tastes.

I'm getting ready to record my third CD with my new partner. I've made about sixteen over the years and that is always a fun project.

If you haven't yet, feel free to visit my web site WWW.SOUTHERNEXPRESSMUSIC.COM and hang out for a while.

The first CD was recorded with a Yamaha PSR 3000 and a Korg PA80. The second CD was recorded with the Audya and Tyros3. I was very happy with how they turned out and looking forward to recording the next.

Robert Messier told me he personally made 20 new styles this Summer for the Audya. He thinks Ketron will offer them on their web site. I'll let SZ know if I hear more about it.

Robert is a very talented guy and I'm sure he put together some good stuff.

Nothing like new sounds and new styles to make us Audya owners happy!

Jim

Nitelife
My Audya got a new life after updating to OS4.1A. that's when I started to enjoy this KB. For a year I have not been very happy and been close to given up many times. This was a lot of money, and not so easy just to give up. All ket's are OK, and the pen update really did a great job. was checking out your web site some time ago, GREAT!, and good luck with your new CD. Hope to record some myself during the winter. Comming saturdays gig will be my first after the pen update, still have to get some reg's ready for that job. Good luck to you.
skude

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online