SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#371217 - 08/28/13 08:27 AM Re: Mic test on PA900 ... detailed explaination [Re: Uncle Dave]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Yes, that unit sounds better than what yours recorded.
But it is not only the harmonizer - probably the on-board recorder is not really the greatest of them all.
So, did you return your Pa900 as a defective unit? Did they acknowledge that?
As for the videos, I can tell you I am hunting them! smile

#371230 - 08/28/13 09:37 AM Re: Mic test on PA900 ... detailed explaination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Could be his mike is an unbalanced one... did you ever try that before you sent it back?

#371245 - 08/28/13 11:11 AM Re: Mic test on PA900 ... detailed explaination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I didn't send it back yet - I've been talking with tech support, and still experimenting at home. Today, I'll try one more tube preamp, a balanced line transformer and a cheapo mic. Stay tuned!

#371255 - 08/28/13 12:38 PM Re: Mic test on PA900 ... detailed explaination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd still like to hear the results of the MP3 test...

If you want definitive proof one way or another whether the input pre's are where the issue lies, that test will nail it down... If the machine can't play an MP3 input into the line ins as cleanly as it can from the built in MP3 player (set up to the same volume) then there's the problem in a nutshell.

If so, pre-amping the mike won't make a lick of difference, it will be the entire input circuitry. But if it's clean and the same as the built-in player, then all your issue is is to get the mike level up to line level, unbalanced.

From hearing the distortion on some of your examples, perhaps the issue is that the arranger's Parts are too hot to allow for the extra headroom adding a beefy voice in as well produces..? Perhaps the solution is to turn down the Parts (or move the balance slider more to the keyboard Parts, then turn those down) so you don't have to jack up the mike so much?

I hope the solution is another unit, but I think there are things you haven't tried to troubleshoot the issue, yet...

#371296 - 08/29/13 09:41 AM Re: Mic test on PA900 ... detailed explaination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online