SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#374265 - 11/04/13 04:57 PM O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Firefox is PAINFULLY sloooooooooo when on the synthzone (JUST synthzone), but Safari is about normal response. Anyone notice this? What browsers work best for you on a Mac?

#374267 - 11/04/13 06:06 PM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Dave,
I use both Firefox and Safari with my Macs and have not noticed much of a difference when on the forum. I have a very good internet setup so that might make a difference. Try re-installing firefox and make sure you do the updates. You could also contact the firefox support folks.

Deane

#374271 - 11/04/13 07:31 PM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lightning fast with Firefox, Dave. No problems at all. You may want to download and run Advanced System Care 7 on your PC. It can really make a big difference.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/04/13 07:33 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374272 - 11/04/13 07:43 PM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"PC" What's that?
smile
This is Appleville.

#374273 - 11/04/13 08:35 PM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I have no problem using Internet Explorer.

Tom

#374276 - 11/04/13 09:53 PM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Dave

I am running Firefox HIGHLY personalized with a ton of add-ons, but it still holds its own against IE, Chrome, and Safari everywhere I go, including Synthzone. If you are like me and have a lot of add-ons, you may have one that does not like Synthzone or vice versa. Try bringing up Firefox in Safe-mode with all the add-ons temporarily disabled and see if it runs OK. If it does, then restart it regularly and start through your add-ons and disable them one at a time until you find the culprit. If it still runs slow, even in Safe-mode, then your problem is NOT with any of your add-ons.

To restart Firefox in Safe-mode, start it regularly, click on "Help" in the menu bar and click on "Restart with add-ons disabled" in the drop-down menu. Click on "Yes" in the first confirmation pop-up and on "Safe-mode" in the second pop-up. DO NOT click on "Reset" in the second pop-up, or it will permanently disable all your add-ons and you will have to go through and re-enable all of them.

If this does not help, try turning off your anti-virus or internet security program just long enough to go into Synthzone and see if the speed is improved. If it is, then Firefox is probably trying to run some kind of script when it goes into Synthzone that your AV or IS program does not like. If that is the case, it could take some real digging to find the exact cause. I do not suspect a firewall issue, as a problem there usually keeps you from being able to access the site altogether.

Good luck.

Edited by tnicoson (11/04/13 10:31 PM)

#374299 - 11/05/13 05:02 AM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
mweuch Offline

Try using Chrome, it's very fast and if you're using Android phone, you can link all your mobile device if you choose.

#374301 - 11/05/13 05:20 AM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I love chrome.

#374305 - 11/05/13 06:29 AM Re: O/T - Safari , Firefox, or ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
FIREFOX ... "nuff said" ... grin

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online