SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 37 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373771 - 10/29/13 01:18 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I still lurk in these Forums being a non-Arranger owner in the hopes that one day, these machines would meet my needs....I still cannot get my head around why what I am looking for cannot be done....I could be wrong but this is what I want from a TYROS:

I would love to see an Arranger have the capability to record and edit individually any tracks played in a single pass separately as MIDI...The sequencers on these still have yet to be utilized to be complete powerhouse songwriting and arranging tools...for songwriters...

For example you play a Country Pop tune and you wish to edit the drum track afterward....Say a fill came in too early....Or you want silence in parts....

Or say you wanted to replace parts of the BASS track with a different BASS line...

I want to be able to Re-Record & fix in the sequencer or Audio individual tracks recorded to build songs for release....

I don't want it to sound like it was done on an Arranger, but want some elements of these powerful machines....Am I asking too much for 3-4 grand?

Does ANYONE make a true Songwriters Arranger? For the price of this puppy, you OG's may enlighten me that it can indeed be done....

#373772 - 10/29/13 01:28 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, they have trouble accomplishing that in a full-blown studio with thousands of dollars in software and other equipment. A lot of the basic stuff can be done on the Arranger Keyboards, but it's a lot more work to accomplish the same goals.

Good Luck in your search,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373773 - 10/29/13 01:39 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Unless things have changed in the Tyros5, from what I've been reading and seeing on SZ, the Korg PA-series (PA-3x, PA-900, PA-600) has the most extensive on-board sequencer editing abilities.

Perhaps someone with experience with Korg's sequencer can add more information.

Ian

#373774 - 10/29/13 01:52 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Kabinopus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Kabinopus
Originally Posted By: Dnj
btw what happened to Michele Voncken demonstrating for Yamaha Tyros5 etc,..? confused1
I asked Bert about rumors that Michele Voncken has problems with alcohol and Bert said that it's true. He said that Michele couldn't manage to perform scheduled presentations at stores so now Yamaha's trying to use him in different ways. But he still works for Yamaha.

Thats a real shame ... I hope he can get the help/rehab needed, beat the monkey and get back to demonstrating as to me he was the best of them all.. frown

#373775 - 10/29/13 02:08 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Steve A]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Steve A

Does ANYONE make a true Songwriters Arranger? For the price of this puppy, you OG's may enlighten me that it can indeed be done....

You can see my response regarding your query above, Steve, but since this is a thread mainly dealing with the info and release of Tyros5, perhaps you/we could start a whole different topic about current (and perhaps some older) arranger sequencers and their pros and cons?

That way it would get instant attention.

Ian

#373776 - 10/29/13 02:19 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Steve A]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Steve A
I still lurk in these Forums being a non-Arranger owner in the hopes that one day, these machines would meet my needs....I still cannot get my head around why what I am looking for cannot be done....I could be wrong but this is what I want from a TYROS:

I would love to see an Arranger have the capability to record and edit individually any tracks played in a single pass separately as MIDI...The sequencers on these still have yet to be utilized to be complete powerhouse songwriting and arranging tools...for songwriters...

For example you play a Country Pop tune and you wish to edit the drum track afterward....Say a fill came in too early....Or you want silence in parts....

Or say you wanted to replace parts of the BASS track with a different BASS line...

I want to be able to Re-Record & fix in the sequencer or Audio individual tracks recorded to build songs for release....

I don't want it to sound like it was done on an Arranger, but want some elements of these powerful machines....Am I asking too much for 3-4 grand?

Steve a synth would be a better choice to write songs from scratch, track by track, take a look at the Kronos, Motif, etc so much can be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eovsM_r3wI

#373802 - 10/29/13 11:45 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Tony Hughes Offline

I don't care what anyone thinks of Yamaha KBA but its got 145 post (TOP OF THE POPS) and it's not even here yet, its got you all on the edge of your seats and when it arrives it will be ass kicking time for it on SZ, if any KB manufacture took a blind bit of notice what anyone says on SZ they may shut up the shop and go home, not certain its a good barometer but I love it to bits...the T5 will need to be good to beat the T4, we will see shortly.

Cheers all..

#373806 - 10/30/13 12:24 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If it has touch screen, chord sequencer, great songbook, lots of controls, great sound, great styles, great vocal harmonizer, and the weight is right I might be interested . . . No, on second thought I have all that in the PA3X now!
smile
DonM

#373808 - 10/30/13 12:46 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Tony Hughes Offline

Don,

Nice to have a touch screen, but I found the PA2X screen a bit of a sod to use, if you have big hands the screen is only about 5" x 5" . You need a real big one like the Abacus, now that's a touch screen, not certain about what's underneath the screen though. I suppose we can't have everything in one machine unless you have a G70 then you have it all, weigh as well, man and machine in perfect harmony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#373809 - 10/30/13 01:31 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dnj]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Here is a link on KF to my original post about Michele:

http://tinyurl.com/p6dvq9m

Ian

Page 15 of 37 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online