SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#375797 - 11/20/13 07:46 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just pokin fun at you Ian. However, I do know some excellent players that cannot play a single note without sheet music in front of them. They can play chords I've never heard of, but without that sheet music, nothing comes out of their heads and transmits to their hands.

Donny, the simple answer to your question is no. For some reason, the keyboard does not record the text size in the registration - just the text. The size remains at whatever it was set at when you first accessed the text and set the size. And, if you were to set the text size at 9-pt, then turned off the keyboard, when the keyboard is turned back on it automatically defaults to 16-pt. This is something Yamaha could easily address with a software update.

Now, as for Donny appearing naked - Nah! Of course, there's a song about that, too.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/20/13 07:50 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#375800 - 11/20/13 07:56 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Whoa! Gotta know where your bellows are at all times if anyone's going to risk that. rotfl

#375801 - 11/20/13 07:59 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
124, I was thinkin the same thing - OUCH!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#375802 - 11/20/13 08:00 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Donny, the simple answer to your question is no. For some reason, the keyboard does not record the text size in the registration - just the text. The size remains at whatever it was set at when you first accessed the text and set the size. And, if you were to set the text size at 9-pt, then turned off the keyboard, when the keyboard is turned back on it automatically defaults to 16-pt. This is something Yamaha could easily address with a software update.

Thank you Gary I can always count on you for info.
Maybe Yamaha will fix that in an update in the future.

#375809 - 11/20/13 08:31 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's another of the several small gripes I have about the Yamaha, it won't remember the text size. You have to set it every time you turn on the keyboard.
BTW, Korg does that too, but there are only two sizes to pick from. Good thing about the Korg format though is that it automatically wraps the words at the end of the line, so you don't have to be so particular about your line lengths when making the text file. If you have the wrong line length or text size on Yamaha, it just cuts off the line.
DonM

#375814 - 11/20/13 09:22 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
That's another of the several small gripes I have about the Yamaha, it won't remember the text size. You have to set it every time you turn on the keyboard.
BTW, Korg does that too, but there are only two sizes to pick from. Good thing about the Korg format though is that it automatically wraps the words at the end of the line, so you don't have to be so particular about your line lengths when making the text file. If you have the wrong line length or text size on Yamaha, it just cuts off the line.
DonM

All good points Don.....hope they fix the issue soon & the MFD

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online