SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#376155 - 11/23/13 01:04 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: ianmcnll]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Man, that was excellent, Danny...the boy can not only play, but he's a great singer as well...definitely one my favorites by B.Adams. Played this one in a 6-piece cover band many moons ago.

Ian

Yes this guy is extremely talented. Curiously, I'd like him to create the same set up and performance using a T5 because I can't believe he could make this sound any better than he's already done.

#376156 - 11/23/13 01:10 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
I even liked T4 style which is not an audio style.
wink

#376157 - 11/23/13 01:28 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Danny - great post!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376162 - 11/23/13 01:50 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Great song done very well.....T4 sounds every bit as good as T5 until I hear different cool2 .........And of course with a little EQ as in this example: the song can sound even better all around I'd say...compare it for yourself. headphone ...

Attachments
Summer 6999.mp3 (8 downloads)

#376164 - 11/23/13 01:58 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Great song done very well.....T4 sounds every bit as good as T5 until I hear different.........And of course with a little EQ as in this eg: Ive done the song can sound even better all around headphone ...

Whenever i compare those performances, i does not tell me anything about the instruments, but only something about player skills.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376188 - 11/23/13 04:39 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

Bachus, I sincerely believe it has always been a case of the player - not the instrument. Some guys, such as Don Mason, can make a Kazoo sound great. Just about every MOTL arranger keyboard these days sounds fantastic. It's just a matter of what you want to spend and what your preferences are.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#376203 - 11/23/13 05:52 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is why I always stress the importance of the drums in an arranger. Bottom line, if you want to attract younger players, you need drum sounds that pop, styles that pop, and balances that don't allow you to swamp the drummer... Not exactly Yamaha's forte.

Am I mistaken, or were those two done on essentially the same style (thought some of the fills sounded very similar)?

The thing is, as Ian has alluded to, arranger perception is a marketing thing. Yamaha excel at marketing to the elderly, but have fallen a lot shorter when it comes to attracting young players to the type. WS's, synths and Stage keyboards outsell arrangers (at least in the same price bracket) by a wide margin. Why? Because the demos and content are aimed at the young. And they are the largest buying demographic (unless you count the toy keyboard market).

Now, once again, don't get me wrong... I think that Roland have also failed in providing much up to date marketing, and why they failed to include some loop content for the BK-9's loop player (so you could check out how contemporary that can make you sound in the store) beats me. But I can only imagine the spurt of interest in arrangers by the younger, market if things like this were the strong points of factory demos, not Shadows and Take the A Train!

We have somehow got to get these things into the hands of the young for the type to not die out with its elderly demographic. Time to put the hoary old NH material to bed, and set our sights on guys this age (the second one, LOL)....

#376204 - 11/23/13 05:58 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

NH entertainment is on the RISE big time!! .....
its not going anywhere....facilities are being built everywhere.

#376209 - 11/23/13 06:07 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But the birthdate of most of the inmates is getting more and more modern..!

I just feel that it's time to put the 30's and 40's material to bed, especially when it comes to PROMOTING arranger sales.

#376211 - 11/23/13 06:12 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

I haven't done any 30s or 40s stuff in years. It's 50s 60s and 70s, and a smattering of 80s and 90s they tend to want.

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online