Korg Kronos
Wersi EX1 Expander with Kontakt and Independence Pro VST on-board
Wersi T7000 speakers x 2

Look forward to other SZ Members kit.

Bill

#378257 - 12/15/13 11:58 AM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mine is far more simplistic - and I wouldn't change a thing at this point.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#378258 - 12/15/13 12:01 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
What would it be?

Mine

Hammond B3 with Midi and Leslie
Korg Kronos
Wersi T7000 speakers x 2

Bill

There's no way I'd load up with that lot. You're not out there gigging, Bill.

#378261 - 12/15/13 12:10 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
SK1-73 , SK1-88, 2 Leslie 3300's For me with a bass and guitar

#378263 - 12/15/13 12:46 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: Rustykeys]
Bachus Offline

Korg Kronos X 88
Yamaha Tyros 5 (not owned or ordered yet), could just as well become the PA3X

Windows 8 27" touchscreen DAW.. (Ableton live, Cubase, NI Komplete, Omnisphere, nexus2, Trillian Alchemy and many more)

Bose Peneray 310 monitors..

Edited by Bachus (12/15/13 12:48 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378264 - 12/15/13 12:47 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: 124]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Originally Posted By: abacus
What would it be?

Mine

Hammond B3 with Midi and Leslie
Korg Kronos
Wersi T7000 speakers x 2

Bill

There's no way I'd load up with that lot. You're not out there gigging, Bill.

I dont think that was what he asked... he asked favourite setup... not your current gigging setup...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378266 - 12/15/13 12:56 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I never thought I'd say this, but I've found the magic formula with just the Tyros4.

Since retirement I have dug into the instrument far more than just preparing demos and clinics for it...now, I get to work on changes that have to do with my music only.

The Tyros5 didn't even rate a blip on my radar screen, nor did anything by any other manufacturer, as I feel having another instrument at this time would distract me from what I'm finding in the Tyros4. It's not that I'm playing only one or two genres, either...I find I'm stretching out more than ever, not just by the extra time put in, but also what the instrument itself is letting me do. Although the Tyros5 has a powerful new effects system, the one on the Tyros4 wasn't too shabby either. It's surprising to discover what they've packed into it...if you take the to explore.

The only thing I would consider adding is an 88 note weighted action controller, and I'm looking at the Casio PX-5S because it's not only a great weighted action controller, with four zones, but an incredibly versatile synthesizer with absolutely killer sounds and pitch and mod wheels, which is what I prefer.

For most of my career, especially the latter part, I've kept the number of instruments for my personal use to a minimum, as it forces(and allows the time for) me to fully explore and exploit the gear.

I had my DX-7 for quite awhile, as I basically had to learn how to program it (which eventually opened the door to working with Yamaha's Combo division) as this was pre-Internet, and very little third party stuff was available. In fact, I was listening just two days ago to a recording of one of the past bands I played in and I still feel pretty good about the range of quality sounds I was getting out of that old DX. I ran mine through a Yamaha SPX-90 (there's an old one for you) midi controlled effects unit, plus I had the Grey Matter Response E! board installed in the DX.

I feel the same way towards my Tyros4. You know, having the kind of job I had, certainly was an eye-opener, especially when I came to learn that most arranger players use only a small portion of their incredibly versatile instruments...they basically turn it on, pick a style and play using all preset sounds and styles (sometimes with a few extra Premium that they've bought) and never learn even the most basic sound and style editing procedures.

Eventually they just tire of what they've been using, and figure a new instrument will perk them up and/or make them sound better....but, that's a whole other topic.

So, at least for a while, I'm sticking with the one instrument I already have, with the possibility of adding another in the new year, and I'm quite happy to keep it that way.

Ian

#378279 - 12/15/13 01:37 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BK-9. Kronos88. Badass computer with every VSTi known to man.

That ought to do it!

#378296 - 12/15/13 02:33 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just read below... wink

Roland G70, Roland A-800Pro connected to Toshiba LT, running Mixcraft6 as a wrapper, playing N.I. B4 , Pianmissimo, Lounge Lizard EP...Also running Karawin Pro as a media Player..Sound system consist of 4 Roland Cubes in wide stereo, with Edirol Mixer....Podium 1205 for monitor.....

Almost forgot ..the accordion to help elevate the monitor.. smile...and play polkas.. grin

Edited by Fran Carango (12/15/13 02:47 PM)

#378299 - 12/15/13 04:34 PM Re: OT. Your Ultimate Setup [Re: abacus]
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
KORG KRONOS
KORG Pa3X
Access VIRUS TI2
Roland Integra 7
Something like an Open Labs Neko to run my Sample Libraries.

The first 4 I have, the 5th I'm still looking for.

James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online