SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#379153 - 12/23/13 06:39 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: Nigel]
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hello Nigel,

Yes, I'm glad to be back. I've got fond memories of this forum and I'm happy to see that all the changes that have taken place on the Internet over the past decade have left this forum unspoiled (and that's thanks to you).

I'll try to make your job easier by avoiding controversial and unimportant topics, avoiding personal attacks, and hopefully bringing a little humor with me from time to time.

BTW, my doctor took out one of my kidneys a few years back but I don't think I lost a pound. What's with that? If I told you how he did it, you wouldn't believe me.

He used a procedure that was in use prior to the civil war. It's absolutely true. I couldn't sue because the same procedure is used today in countries where they have no hospitals. So, it is still an accepted medical procedure (although antiquated, and incredibly invasive). But I'm not crying about it ... well, not anymore, that is.

I hope you and yours are all heathy, wealthy, and wise. Merry Christmas.

#379155 - 12/23/13 07:31 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: Stevizard]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good to see you again Stevizard! We're all a little older and most of us are fatter!
Merry Christmas!

#379157 - 12/23/13 07:58 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: DonM]
Stevizard Offline

Hi Don,

Gee, I was hoping to avoid the weight issue. Yeah, I think I've gained some weight too. Oh well, there's always room for another New Year's resolution. The problem is that the older I get, the harder it is to work out, and the less it seems to accomplish. Where's Jack LaLaine when you need him? Oh yeah, he's dead. I guess all those jumping jacks didn't work out for him after all.

God bless & Merry Christmas.

#379164 - 12/23/13 08:29 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: Stevizard]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Stevizard
Hi Don,

Where's Jack LaLaine when you need him? Oh yeah, he's dead. I guess all those jumping jacks didn't work out for him after all.

God bless & Merry Christmas.

Yeah, but I'll bet he looked great in the casket! wink

Gary cool

While I was on my sailing trip to the Florida Keys I lost a ton, got down to 177, which is ideal for a guy that stands 5'-11" tall. The only problem I had is all the clothes I brought along to wear were made for a guy who tipped the scales at 210. Some of the shirts looked like I was wearing a tent. And, I must admit, since returning home last April, I'm back to 210. Guess I need to make another voyage. Wanna go Steve?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#379351 - 12/24/13 07:10 PM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: Stevizard]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Stevizard
So, you're back to the 9000PRO. That's a surprise.

Oh, I'm not "back to it" in any way ... it just sits at home for me to trigger cool Rhodes sounds when I need midi or to access the Roland sounds in my JV1010 module. It's a relic, for sure, but it's at home with other such relics ...
smile

#379448 - 12/26/13 07:50 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: travlin'easy]
Stevizard Offline

Sounds like we should both go and stay there for good. I'm 6'1" and am tipping the scales at 245 (all muscle, of course).

#379449 - 12/26/13 07:51 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Stevizard Offline

Any plans to pick up a Tyros-5?

#379456 - 12/26/13 08:32 AM Re: Politics, Race? All that's missing is religion? [Re: Stevizard]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nah! I'm I'm sticking with the S950 probably until I'm too old to do this anymore. Keep in mind that I used the 3000 for more than a decade, it survived the trip to Florida and back aboard my boat, survived heat, cold, humidity, and still looks and plays as good as it did the day it came out of the box. Couldn't ask for more than that. Hope the S-950 does as well, but just in case, I still have one of the 3000s here in the office for a backup.

My wife said I need a much larger boat before she will make the trip to Florida with me - of course, she wasn't thinking clearly when she made that statement. I would love a much larger boat, but that means I have to work even more than I currently am in order to save enough money to buy something in the 40 to 50 foot category. Not out of the question, though. I know of a couple 51-foot Morgan Out Island sailboats for sale in Florida. Just dreamin'!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online