SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#380729 - 01/06/14 10:54 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

http://www.mackie.com/products/srm150/

this could work also on small jobs.... headphone

#380730 - 01/06/14 11:20 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Yes, it has many good ratings on Thomann.de, only the bass frquencies are very limited, otherwise obviously very powerful and lightweight.

#380733 - 01/06/14 11:42 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Yes, it has many good ratings on Thomann.de, only the bass frquencies are very limited, otherwise obviously very powerful and lightweight.

I had one before worked great for my very small gigs combined with the great speakers on the S-950 it should do very well....& I'm talking 10-20 people in a space the size of a living room. headphone

#380734 - 01/06/14 12:47 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Gary, Don, Maybe Dave and Fran

Gary thanks for the invite, I may do that this winter. As for Dave and Fran and anyone else interested, I'm kind of in the middle of Gary and Don so maybe on one of these cold- nothin- to -do winter days we could all hook up for lunch and maybe a jam session.
My PA's better than yours, my keyboard sounds better and can make expresso type of thing.

#380735 - 01/06/14 01:51 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like fun - now all I need to do is find a day off, which ain't easy. smile Not complaining, mind you - it just ain't easy. Usually, when I get a day off, which is rare, I usually go up to the town of Perryville and pay a conical visit to the boat - just to make sure everything is still OK. Lots of things can go wrong in winter to a boat. Jack stands can sink into the ground, snow and ice accumulate in the cockpit and plug up the drains, bilge can freeze up, lots of nasty things that I didn't have to worry about while in the Florida Keys. Tonight, the temperature here is supposed to drop to -2 f. Gonna fire up the fireplace and snuggle up with Lady Carol and watch a movie. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#380753 - 01/06/14 03:45 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

I just talked to an American Legion director in Perryville, which is also where I keep my boat. We could do a sound system shoot-out in their hall any night they don't have their Karaoke guy there. If I recall, he's usually there on Saturday's. I would love to do this, and can set it up if you guys want. I think it would be neat, and the folks at the legion would love it as well. It would be a kind of mid-Atlantic Synthzone Jam. It would really be nice to get some of those southern boys up here as well, but I doubt that they'll want to drive to the frozen north.

Let me know,

Gary cool

#380755 - 01/06/14 03:58 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Gary if you can get Don M to come & Eddie Shoemaker,Joe Ayala, and anyone else from SZ.. and I'll drag Fran & Dave on a road trip down I-95 no problem....but as always its all about the available dates too....
I'm sure we could get AJ also..

Edited by Dnj (01/06/14 03:59 PM)

#380757 - 01/06/14 04:37 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

I'm pretty sure I could get Joe Ayala, maybe Ray Bastenelli, Johnny Walker, and a few others, but getting Don Mason and Eddie Shoemaker out of the sunny south this time of year is out of the question. They're too damned smart to expose those fragile southern bodies to this kind of nasty, cold weather. wink And I still have some old sound systems around here, at least one Barbetta Sona 32SC.

Gary cool

#380759 - 01/06/14 05:55 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Better off doing a Skype jam...lol

#380804 - 01/07/14 12:02 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

I just said in this thread how much I like the small Bose Sounddock as a mini keyboard speaker. Today I'm very disappointed: I intended to buy the new Bose Soundtouch 20, a model similar to the Sounddock portable, but somewhat more powerful and still only 7 pounds. It is mainly designed as a wifi sound system, but also has a mini jack input. But one stupid detail makes it unusable as a keyboard speaker: There is a time lag for the input signal! Somebody wrote about it on Amazon.com, and today I tested it in a store - it's true. You would hear what you are playing half a second later. What a stupid thing...

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online