SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#381151 - 01/11/14 08:10 AM Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76
Barty Offline

Loc: Indy
I am a very happy user of the T5-76. Received it on the 23rd of December from Frank and really love everything about it. I found one thing that I do not remember from T4, however. Occasionally, I hear a very short click or crackle from speakers while playing a style. Seems to happen more often if Audio styles are selected or if one of the voices is choir/vocals. Using factory T5 speakers. It lasts a fraction of a second, it is impossible for me to consistently replicate it or record it as it happens sporadically. Question: has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this normal or should I be concerned.
Bart

#381152 - 01/11/14 08:37 AM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You should be concerned. Anytime there is ANYTHING out of the ordinary with brand new equipment, you should at least be concerned enough to find out what it is while it's still under warranty.

chas

#381155 - 01/11/14 09:10 AM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bart, first and foremost, I would do a master system reset, which should be done by going through the Function, System Restore, and then be sure to place a checkmark in every category box on the left side of the page before performing the reset. This may solve the problem, but for some reason I don't believe it's a software issue.

Next, change the speaker wires. Even if they are brand new. Sometimes this solves more problems than you can imagine.

Also, I would give Frank a call and make him aware of the problem. Frank has an awesome service record and will help you in any way he can.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381157 - 01/11/14 09:33 AM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... don't know if you have adjusted the internal EQ or not, but I had a problem with a 'crackling' noise using certain styles my Pa600 because I had an EQ setting too high ...

Edited by tony mads usa (01/11/14 09:34 AM)

#381212 - 01/11/14 04:03 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Barty Offline

Thank you everyone. I have now performed system reset (did not fix the issue) and verified that this is independent of the speakers. I have recorded an audio file where this behavior is captured and plan to send to Frank. To me sounds like an "artifact" while playing the audio style. As if the memory location had a corrupted value and for a millisecond instead the audio file you hear a crackle.
Will report back what was found. The audio style that it happens with 100% repeatability for me is ClubRiddim and as soon as you hit a chord you hear that crackle.

#381218 - 01/11/14 04:22 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Try lowering the volumes of all the parts proportionally, then try again. Also, check for any extreme EQ settings on any of the Parts...

#381244 - 01/11/14 11:57 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's not one of those noises thrown in at odd times by an SA voice is it?

#381249 - 01/12/14 06:10 AM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Barty
Thank you everyone. I have now performed system reset (did not fix the issue) and verified that this is independent of the speakers. I have recorded an audio file where this behavior is captured and plan to send to Frank. To me sounds like an "artifact" while playing the audio style. As if the memory location had a corrupted value and for a millisecond instead the audio file you hear a crackle.
Will report back what was found. The audio style that it happens with 100% repeatability for me is ClubRiddim and as soon as you hit a chord you hear that crackle.

I have tried to recreate this on my T5 using the ClubRiddim style there is no crackling at least that I hear.

#381277 - 01/12/14 03:39 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
The first few days I had my Tyros 5 I was hearing high buzzing noises. I immediately thought it was caused from the Tyros 5. Further investigation showed my tower speaker cabinets had become unglued in a few places causing them to vibrate and make that noise. It wasn't until I was playing the Tyros 5's Tutti Concert Organ at a high volume that this noise was noticeable. I guess I never played Tyros 4 that loud!! -charley

#381284 - 01/12/14 06:08 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Barty Offline

It has definitely nothing to do with speakers, or speaker cables/connections as I hear it in headphones.

It sounds like, for a millisecond, there is a glitch in the sound - ultra high-pitch click/glitch. Then everything is fine. On the ClubRiddm, as long you the keyboard is playing a chord (say Am7) and you have all channels turned on, it happens as soon as 2nd bar in the B variation. It happens EVRERY time making me suspect something is corrupt with the memory? I hope that this can be resolved as I absolutely LOVE the board otherwise. I think I only hear these "artifacts" when using audio styles. I don't think it has ever happened to me in "regular" styles.

If I could upload the wav file somewhere, I could let you all listen and judge for yourself as I captured this now.

Edited by Barty (01/12/14 06:12 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online