SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#381288 - 01/12/14 06:45 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps the way to track it down is to solo each part and listen carefully with the headphones? Also, turn off ALL Mastering effects (we'll get to those).

Obviously, to pin it on the audio drums, solo the drums and try out all the Divisions. Listen carefully for any audio clicks etc. as you transition from one Variation through the fills to the next Variation (it's unlikely to be in the Intros and Endings, you would have probably noticed if it only happened in one of them).

Run through all the other Parts, soloed... If no clicks, now we start to reassemble the mix. Add the bass to the drums, try again (might be an EQ or level issue if it starts with that). Gradually add back all the Parts... No clicks?

OK, now turn the Master EQ back on. No clicks? Turn on the Compression. No clicks? Now play a lead sound. At some point or another, you should start to hear it again. The last element added is the likely culprit, but if all were click free when soloed, and it only clicks when everything is going, it is most likely an overload of the D/A converter. Try reducing all levels a hair. Still clicking? Try reducing the makeup gain on the Master compressor.

If it is STILL clicking, I have run out of ideas, other than bad componentry. If it's a problem with bad sample boundary points, you should hear it in the soloed drum track at any level.

Best of luck!

#381362 - 01/13/14 10:39 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Barty

If I could upload the wav file somewhere, I could let you all listen and judge for yourself as I captured this now.

You could convert it to an MP3 and as long as it is not over 6MB you can attach it to a posting on this thread.

#381399 - 01/14/14 04:53 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Nigel]
Barty Offline

Loc: Indy
I did not realize you could do this... Here are the files. Have a listen and hopefully you confirm I am not going senile here but unless you are deaf, you will hear what I am talking about, especially in the 2nd file where I isolated only the channel that has the artifacts: this is PAD. I turn periodically drums on/off throughout the recording to show you this is style playing. You can hear that the PAD channel has artifacts.

ClubRiddm, B variation. Firmware 1.4, factory reset.

Attachments
S_Audio_002.m4a (73 downloads)
S_Audio_004.m4a (93 downloads)

Edited by Barty (01/14/14 05:16 PM)

#381402 - 01/14/14 05:14 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Ok I have a T5, and great reference speakers. Gee it's really hard to pick the sound out but it's deff there. I wonder if the compressor settings are kicking in and out, did you have mic engaged at the time? try it. To my mind this is so small a prob, if it's a ticking time bomb i'm sure Yammy will fix it in an update.

#381404 - 01/14/14 05:18 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Robbo]
Barty Offline

Loc: Indy
Robbo, Does your board also have this artifact? Listen to my 2nd recording - it is as plain as day and night IMHO.

INTERESTING FACT: It only happens IF the PAD is playing a chord (say Am). If you just hit an octave (C1+8), everything is good.

Also, if you substitute the PAD sound (it is RealStrings) for SmallStrings (also a MegaVoice) it is all good. So something if definitely screwed up. Question is whether this is only my board or everyone else has this issue as well.

I have nothing plugged into the board other than factory speakers but it does not matter as the sound is via headphones or obviously recorded on internal HDD.
I did not change anything - board has factory settings.

Edited by Barty (01/14/14 05:47 PM)

#381409 - 01/14/14 05:49 PM Re: Occasional click from speakers while playing T5-76 [Re: Barty]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Ok I think you have a problem. I have loaded my style matching the criteria that you have, and I have no sound artefact that you mention

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online