SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#381469 - 01/15/14 01:10 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I remember getting out of an air conditioned car in Miami and hardly being able to breathe. A short walk into a store, from the parking lot was like torture.

Not to mention the humidity and bugs YUK!! mad
proud to be a North Easterner !!

Attachments
6872542-four-seasons-icons.jpg

#381472 - 01/15/14 01:13 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
LOL... A/C junkie!

Boy Dave !!!! Diki has your number.. grin

#381478 - 01/15/14 01:24 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My guitarist and I would go to the beach gigs with the air off and the windows open in the car. By the time we got there, the heat seemed much easier to cope with.

Plus I keep the house A/C to only 79-80ºF and just move a lot of air with fans. The body quickly adapts.

#381486 - 01/15/14 01:34 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
My guitarist and I would go to the beach gigs with the air off and the windows open in the car. By the time we got there, the heat seemed much easier to cope with.

Plus I keep the house A/C to only 79-80ºF and just move a lot of air with fans. The body quickly adapts.

got my AC on full blast 69 May till October ha...ill pay the $500.00+ electric bill just to be comfy for sure.

#381490 - 01/15/14 01:39 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Without a doubt..the body does get use to the climate..folks go to the extreme with air conditioning...It will make whimps out of you.. grin

The measure of a man..is a man that works outdoors in all weather...I can't figure out why I wanted to retire...I think I changed my mind...I don't want to be like my buddies.. smile

Edited by Fran Carango (01/15/14 02:05 PM)

#381491 - 01/15/14 01:39 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Comfy at 79ºF...

When it's 97ºF outside, and 90% humidity, 79ºF and 50% humidity feels pretty damn good!

I used to have quite a bit of problems playing indoors at low A/C temperatures during the summer months. I guess you can get used to anything! I have sure got used to those $150 electricity bills!

#381506 - 01/15/14 01:54 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
no-one likes to see a fat guy sweat.

#381510 - 01/15/14 01:58 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Sumo? Reality TV? Chris Christie?

Seems like a LOT of people like to see that!

#381517 - 01/15/14 02:40 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
no-one likes to see a fat guy sweat.

Attachments
Hot.jpg

#381536 - 01/15/14 04:33 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I left for Florida last October, it was the coldest October on record - though I would damned well freeze to death before I got out of Chesapeake Bay. A lot of days the temperature was in the low to mid 40s, which on the water really feels a lot colder. Then the rain hit. Keep in mind that you don't really have any protection from the elements while in the cockpit of a sailboat - even a larger one.

When I finally arrived in Miami, the temperature was a brisk 62 degrees during the day - still too damned cold for this old man. Fortunately, just 110 miles to the southwest, in Marathon, the temperature the day I arrived was a balmy 78 degrees, the humidity was relatively low, I tied up to the mooring ball in Boot Key Harbor, mixed an ice cold Margaretta, looked the palm trees in the sunset and said, damned, this is how the rich folks must live.

Donny, there were NO bugs, there was always a nice breeze, and I loved performing outdoors - and the audiences loved the wonderful tropical atmosphere of music under a million stars, while sipping on a cold drink and loving life. I had the place filled with people dancing to just about everything I played, the tip jar quickly filled, and they never wanted the music to stop. When it came time to go home, they didn't want me to leave, and in reality, I didn't want to leave as well - but I had to do so in order to preserve my marital status - yep, she woulda shot me right between the eyes with that .357 mag.

So, I'm glad you enjoy shelling out lots of money to the power companies, shoveling snow, slipping around on ice covered roads, stuff like that. You can have my share as well. Come 2015, if I still have most of the body parts I current have, I'm gonna point that boat's bow south again and like this past time, I'm not gonna stop till the temperature and my age are equal. I envy Diki being able to make a living in Paradise. And, there's an old saying among the locals from South Florida - "I never knew anyone that retired and moved north." wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online