SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#382295 - 01/22/14 01:51 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So what makes the SRM so good, that the Nano's weren't?

YOU were the one to bring up the NH bit, as if whether I play to 10 people in a bar or ten people in a NH makes any difference! I bring my A game, no matter what.

You might also consider the many times you put down playing in the 'animal zoo' bars and clubs (and in live bands), before you get worked up about someone that would prefer to play to people that can leave if they don't like it, and aren't so starved for entertainment, they wouldn't care if you played your arranger through a tin horn!

#382300 - 01/22/14 02:00 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
So what makes the SRM so good, that the Nano's weren't?

YOU were the one to bring up the NH bit, as if whether I play to 10 people in a bar or ten people in a NH makes any difference! I bring my A game, no matter what.

You might also consider the many times you put down playing in the 'animal zoo' bars and clubs (and in live bands), before you get worked up about someone that would prefer to play to people that can leave if they don't like it, and aren't so starved for entertainment, they wouldn't care if you played your arranger through a tin horn!

ok you win diki......I'll step away from your baiting maneuvers.....everyone can just read between the lines.

Thank you again.

#382304 - 01/22/14 02:58 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Maybe, if instead of just trying to score points, we could stick to the ACTUAL topic, things might get better round here...

So...

Overall, I'm interested in whether you would have picked the Nano or the SRM if you had BOTH to choose from.

#382318 - 01/22/14 04:19 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
In a comparison between the Nano and a single SRM150 it's no contest. The Nano will sound fuller and push more sound into a given space. As for comparing the convenience
between the two: The Nano is self contained, but may still need the extension to get the best coverage. In Donny's situation, I believe he just needs a teeny bit of projection for his voice and leads ... the bass is never a factor with older aged audiences, unless they are dancing. The Yamaha speakers (built in) put out a pretty nice, full range sound on their own ... that little "extra" that he gets from the 150 just fills the room a little more. The main sound is still being noticed from his acoustic voice and the KB speakers. The Mackie is an aux.
In your situation, Diki, since you have no internal speakers ... the Nano is a runaway hit, I'd think. It's pretty compact, lightweight and sounds darn good. Most of what you want. I'm not sure I'd call it "flat" response, as I recall it being a tad "bass" colored, but with proper EQ at the kb end ... maybe you can find a happy place.
You won't find a lighter sub ... even as a stand alone unit.

#382330 - 01/22/14 06:26 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Love the Nano. Loved the Bose. Nano fits better at this particular time.

#382384 - 01/23/14 12:37 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Sounds like a Nano might be in my future...

Donny, you want to buy one and try it again, so I can buy it off you? rotf2

#382390 - 01/23/14 02:10 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

I'll buy an HK Nano shortly, too. And the new FBT J5A, which are certainly better (with deeper bass) than the Mackie SRM 150. Beyond that, I still have the Bose Sounddock portable for mini gigs. It's like a Matrioshka system of speakers for every gig size grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Russian_Dolls.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:First_matryoshka_museum_doll_open.jpg

Edited by rosetree (01/23/14 02:12 PM)

#382391 - 01/23/14 02:19 PM Re: Todays Maiden Voyage with Mackie SRM 150 [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Sounds like a Nano might be in my future...

Donny, you want to buy one and try it again, so I can buy it off you? rotf2

Sent you a PM.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online