SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#383118 - 01/30/14 12:27 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, the song itself sounds so 70ish that I don't think the younger set would go for it either. It's not a song that would make me, or any of my audiences jump out of their chairs and onto a dance floor. I'm with you on this aspect, I can't think of an audience that it would appeal to. Maybe I'm wrong, though - Carol tells me that a lot. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#383123 - 01/30/14 01:30 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I can't think of an audience that it Gary cool

Hi Gary- I'll playing this at a quincenera party. One of the younger members of the family sings and plays the guitar very well so he requested to sit in on this one. He wants to be able to take an improvised solo so a mp3 won't work.... It's an easy song to jam on, there a nice Yamaha style for it, the kids like it, and I expect to go over very.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#383125 - 01/30/14 01:43 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Tony, the song itself sounds so 70ish that I don't think the younger set would go for it either. It's not a song that would make me, or any of my audiences jump out of their chairs and onto a dance floor. I'm with you on this aspect, I can't think of an audience that it would appeal to. Maybe I'm wrong, though - Carol tells me that a lot. wink
Gary cool

Gary ...you can't think of one of OUR audiences it would appeal to but DAFT PUNK, the performers of the song, took home record of the Year and Pop/Duo Group Performance for "Get Lucky", so obviously there IS an audience for it ...
dance

#383127 - 01/30/14 02:13 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]

I've never understood how that happened, Tony.

Gary cool

#383129 - 01/30/14 02:48 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Gary cool

Gary ...you can't think of one of OUR audiences it would appeal to but DAFT PUNK, the performers of the song, took home record of the Year and Pop/Duo Group Performance for "Get Lucky", so obviously there IS an audience for it ...
dance

They are Millionaires many times over Daft Punk, then when the fever subsides a year from now they will just kick back and produce other new groups reaping the royalties also from their millions & on & on,.......it's an endless cycle.. wink at least now & in the future after we're gone Latin Music will ALWAYS hold the course,...50 yrs from now a Cha Cha, Salsa, Merengue, etc,.. will be just that Thank goodness.... cool2

Edited by Dnj (01/30/14 02:49 PM)

#383131 - 01/30/14 03:07 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]

Donny, they could flat-assed broke and no one would know - including you and I. There are lots of famous people out there that don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. They live high on the hog, throw lavish parties, drive fancy cars, and in many, many instances, spend way more than they have coming in. There are lots of sports celebs that made millions upon millions, and then die with only the shirt on their back and a mountain of debt. You are correct, though, about 50 years from now Latin will be Latin, Celtic will be Celtic, etc.. And, 50 years from now, when we're both dead and buried, they'll still be playing Auld Lang Syne on NYE using a big band. smile

Gary cool

#383132 - 01/30/14 03:11 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Donny, they could flat-assed broke and no one would know - including you and I. There are lots of famous people out there that don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. They live high on the hog, throw lavish parties, drive fancy cars, and in many, many instances, spend way more than they have coming in. There are lots of sports celebs that made millions upon millions, and then die with only the shirt on their back and a mountain of debt. You are correct, though, about 50 years from now Latin will be Latin, Celtic will be Celtic, etc.. And, 50 years from now, when we're both dead and buried, they'll still be playing Auld Lang Syne on NYE using a big band. smile

Gary cool

http://news.radio.com/2013/05/28/tiesto-daft-punk-top-2013-richest-djs-list/

Attachments
$$$$$.png

#383143 - 01/30/14 04:08 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... $250,000 for a DJ ?!? confused1 ... now I understand these guys do a lot more than 'spin records' BUT ... I just don't get that ... but that's just me ...

#383145 - 01/30/14 04:14 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]

Ditto!

#383157 - 01/30/14 06:18 PM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Donny ... $250,000 for a DJ ?!? confused1 ... now I understand these guys do a lot more than 'spin records' BUT ... I just don't get that ... but that's just me ...

Yes Tony....boy are you old lol rotf2

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online