SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#387058 - 03/27/14 05:42 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
What are you gonna do Boo ... throw bricks at their affected areas? Or play sax till they're numb?
smile

#387173 - 03/30/14 06:37 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Look at yourself in the mirror naked. surprised ....
Being way OVERWEIGHT can be very taxing on the Knee joints also,...I am glad I took the initiative to lose weight again and try to get myself in shape & I'm doing good too, down 15 lbs so far in 1 month, Eating right, I feel better, more energy too, glad I saved my skinny clothes, cool2 ...hey, I did it a while ago lost almost 100lbs and after screwing that up a few years later which I really regret I will do it again. Believe me ......LOSE The WEIGHT I'm talking 50lbs + I'm sick of looking like the Michelin Tire boy lol........and your knees & your entire body will fell better. On top of that you'll look better to your audience on stage if you gig out. wink

Attachments
images.jpg

Edited by Dnj (03/30/14 06:42 AM)

#387174 - 03/30/14 07:26 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's life or death.

#387175 - 03/30/14 07:34 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, I wish my problem was the knee joint. Then I could have it corrected surgically.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387176 - 03/30/14 07:55 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
It's life or death.

Do it for your family! wink

#387177 - 03/30/14 08:15 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, I wish my problem was the knee joint. Then I could have it corrected surgically.

Gary when I was injured in the Army in a convoy accident as a kid I was flown to Walter Reed Army Hospital in DC,..
during the Vietnam Era,....after my surgery I was put in recovery with many of my fellow service men & woman,......
I looked around and it wasn't a pretty sight looking at all the people moaning and crying, without arms, legs, full body casts, etc, and much more,...... eek2
Although my injury was devastating and I needed 5 procedures to fix.....I said to myself what the hell am I complaining about?....

The moral of the story is ........
that there is always a worse problem then your own.. wink
Now get out there kick ass on stage and make people happy with your music.....life is too short to complain and dilly dally! cool2

Edited by Dnj (03/30/14 08:17 AM)

#387179 - 03/30/14 09:52 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I spent 15 years working in cardio-pulmonary medicine. I saw things that would make most people throw up. What you saw at Walter Reed pales in comparison to what you encounter working in a big city hopsital emergency room. Keep in mind that more people were killed by gunshot wounds in Baltimore last week than soldiers killed in action last year.

I'm 35-pounds overweight, most of which I'll loose this summer while sailing. My problem with my knee, while quite painful, is NOT operable. I have a bone spur trying to punch a hole through my Patella Tendon where it connects to the Tibia. It is not surgically correctable and I just have to live with the pain.

Unfortunately, I also have asbestosis, which is an insidious disease that will eventually kill me. With any kind of luck, I've have a massive heart attack first and drop dead on the job while playing like Jerry Lee, but so far that, obviously, hasn't happened. The progression of the asbestosis is such that in the next two years I'll be forced to get out of the entertainment biz. It's the nature of the beast.

In a few minutes I'll be on the treadmill, trying my best to hold onto what I have, physically, but I know that's not possible. I learned a lot in the time I worked in the medical field, probably too much. Fortunately, I learned how to tell the difference between a good doctor and a bad one, and there are a lot more bad ones out there than good ones. Just because they went to medical school and got their doctorate doesn't mean they're competent physicians and surgeons.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#387211 - 03/31/14 09:32 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Only problem Gary's got is getting paid..... you need to be ill again for 12 weeks catch up on the NHS payments, only choking Gary, you take care in the Car Homes.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#387220 - 03/31/14 11:03 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Tony,

Some days are much better than others, especially when it comes to getting paid. Dealing with some of these large corporations is a real pain in the tail, but eventually, the check comes through. I sincerely believe much of this has to do with today's economic situation, and if and when things get significantly better, this will all return to normality. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online