big741.1 Offline

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
Get well soon, Gary.

Sorry to hear your a bit laid up,
Dan

#386580 - 03/18/14 04:42 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: big741.1]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Sending prayers and and get well wishes your way Gary!
Ciao

Edited by Jerry T (03/18/14 04:42 PM)

#386582 - 03/18/14 05:02 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

#386583 - 03/18/14 05:02 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the prayers and get well wishes guys. This is the second time the knee has given me trouble since December. In December, the problem was short lived, and I was able to go back to work within three days. This time, however, the pain is far more intense, so intense that any movement of the leg feels as if someone shoved an ice-pick in my knee and gave it a twist for good measure. Consequently, for the past five days I have been unable to walk without the aid of a cane, and today, graduated to a walker. I had to cancel several jobs, and the medication, hydro-morphine, makes it impossible to function in any capacity. Can't drive, can't do anything other than watch TV and endure the pain.

Back in December I went to an orthopedic surgeon who said the problem is a bone spur that is situated directly behind the tendon connection to my patella. He said that it may get better on its own, which it did for a while, and that surgery in that area was quite risky, and the outcome may not be very good at all. The risk associated with this is that if he were to inadvertently sever the tendon, there's no good way to reattach it to the bone.

I'm going for another opinion next Monday, and hopefully, find some resolution to the problem. The guy I'll be seeing specializes in this particular kind of surgical procedure and with luck, I'll be back in the saddle again with a week or so after correctional surgery. If not, well, I guess this old fart will have to think more seriously about retirement, which I DO NOT really want to do at this point in life.

Thanks again everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386588 - 03/18/14 05:36 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary any chance of seeing one of the doctors that work on the pro sports people in your area. One pro scout here that I knew played ball with the yankees back in the day had the local college sports doctors fix his knees and hips I think and he was suffering he said for some time.

He scouted for the Los Angles Dodgers and their doctors talked him into letting them do it over. He told me that there was no comparison and he stood there and jogged in that spot for sometime and quite hard while I was laying brick for him. If this is possible, go for it. They are the guys who can do it.
Wish ya the best friend.

#386598 - 03/18/14 07:38 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This guy is one of the pro sports docs that works on the Ravens players when they play home games. Bone spurs are naturally occurring, and those of us that are above age 50 are more prone to having them develop.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386605 - 03/18/14 08:30 PM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
above age 50?!? ... Gary, ... you?!? ... nah!!! c'mon ... grin
... be well friend ... wink

#386613 - 03/19/14 04:41 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I guess this old fart will have to think more seriously about retirement, which I DO NOT really want to do at this point in life.

Hope you get through this soon, Gary. Nothing worse than creaky joints. However, on the bright side, at least it's not life-threatening.
I was just looking at one of those 'reverse-mortgage' ads on tv, questioning whether or not you might outlive your money. What a stupid question. Isn't that kind of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"? smile smile In one case, you're dead broke, in the other you're just dead. Ummmm, decisions, decisions.

Get well soon.

chas

#386616 - 03/19/14 05:26 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Gary, you have always supported all of us, now we will support you with the knee pain problem! Praying for you daily .

#386620 - 03/19/14 06:21 AM Re: Gary Diamond has a problem, [Re: DonM]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
sorry to hear about your knee pain. my thoughts and prayers are with you . Worth

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online