SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#386822 - 03/22/14 02:25 PM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Most Tenor sax players don't even know that you can play this many notes, rhythms, licks and different sounds on one tune on one instrument all at the same time. Every serious jazz sax player in the entire universe envied this man at one time or another in their life. "FACT" Even half ass jazz tenor players like me too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXrL9irVI6I

#386823 - 03/22/14 02:39 PM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: brickboo]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Wow, so many to choose from....
But 2 of my favorites:
While my guitar gently weeps "The Beatles", but Solo played by Eric Clapton
Hotel California "The Eagles"
Eric

#386825 - 03/22/14 03:25 PM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Tommy is da man on guitar........ clap

the best players don't care what the guitar looks like they just kick the crap out of it baby wow! When you watch him he's doing so many Technics like at 3:18 when he bends the neck on that Martin? OMG!! really amazing !! headphone

Ian & Gary should love this song, IMO the best Guitar player I've seen.... wink headphone

Edited by Dnj (03/22/14 03:35 PM)

#386839 - 03/22/14 06:44 PM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I contend that Tommy Emmanuel cannot possibly be that good! He doesn't even have a stick bending do hicky on that thing. Really, check it out and look for yourself. He doesn't even have a cheater bar either so, he must play everything in the same key, no?

#386841 - 03/22/14 07:30 PM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You're right Donny. He can make that old, beat-up guitar do amazing things.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386845 - 03/22/14 07:42 PM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Mark79100]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tommy's amazing, but he's like Mozart ... too many notes!
wink

#386850 - 03/23/14 02:26 AM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Ian & Gary should love this song, IMO the best Guitar player I've seen.... wink headphone

Tommy is wonderful. Thanks for posting that Donny. That has to be the best performance of Classical Gas I have heard. And the amazing thing is his brother Phil is also master of the guitar though he plays electric mostly. Must be something in their gene pool. Here is a clip of the two of them that includes clowning around both playing the one guitar.

#386851 - 03/23/14 03:09 AM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Freddie Ravel's organ solo on "Evil Ways". is another of my all time favorites.. keys

Wow I didn't realize that was Freddie Ravel. I have seen Freddie play on around 20 different occasions at a Greek restaurant in Los Angeles. He would play with his band just a few feet away from our table. All his solos are brilliant as is his song writing. An awesome keyboard player and such a nice guy as well. He got so used to us coming to see him play he would always say hello to us.

Have you listened to his albums. They are magic. It is Latin infused jazz which is very catchy to listen too. He always plays with prominent jazz musicians. Over the years he has also been the Music Director for Tower Of Power and also for Al Jarreau.

#386854 - 03/23/14 05:48 AM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Nigel]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel

Tommy is wonderful. Thanks for posting that Donny. That has to be the best performance of Classical Gas I have heard. And the amazing thing is his brother Phil is also master of the guitar though he plays electric mostly. Must be something in their gene pool. Here is a clip of the two of them that includes clowning around both playing the one guitar.

Nigel wow that's really amazing!! clap love when they play together on one guitar!! guitar Tommy performed here on the shore not long again for a summer show.....hope to see him next time for sure!

#386855 - 03/23/14 05:53 AM Re: What's YOUR favorite "solo" in a recording? [Re: Nigel]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Freddie Ravel's organ solo on "Evil Ways". is another of my all time favorites.. keys

Wow I didn't realize that was Freddie Ravel. I have seen Freddie play on around 20 different occasions at a Greek restaurant in Los Angeles. He would play with his band just a few feet away from our table. All his solos are brilliant as is his song writing. An awesome keyboard player and such a nice guy as well. He got so used to us coming to see him play he would always say hello to us.

Have you listened to his albums. They are magic. It is Latin infused jazz which is very catchy to listen too. He always plays with prominent jazz musicians. Over the years he has also been the Music Director for Tower Of Power and also for Al Jarreau.

Nigel I hear ya Freddie also was the musical director for
Earth Wind & Fire !!

Edited by Dnj (03/23/14 05:57 AM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online