SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#389370 - 05/30/14 07:02 AM Re: Brandenburg Concerto 3 live on Roland Integra-7 [Re: Bachus]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Nice job, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I have been considering an MoXF7 for home studio use, and was surprised you didn't use the Yamaha voices. Does this mean the string/ orchestral voices do not match up to the Integra-7, or are you just more used to the Roland voices?

#389372 - 05/30/14 08:26 AM Re: Brandenburg Concerto 3 live on Roland Integra-7 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
Nice job, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

I have been considering an MoXF7 for home studio use, and was surprised you didn't use the Yamaha voices. Does this mean the string/ orchestral voices do not match up to the Integra-7, or are you just more used to the Roland voices?

Thanks. Good question. In the past I have always preferred the Roland SRX expansion boards for classical orchestral sounds. These are part of the Integra. I would assess the MoXF on a par, maybe slightly ahead of the Integra, but ONLY IF(!) you expand it with a flash board and purchase the two libraries Garritan GPO Lite and DCP Complete Orchestra. Without the flash board, to my ears the factory strings do not get as realistic. I might even buy a third library (Symphonic Strings for Motif XS) which has 400 MB waveforms just for strings, but it's in an incompatible format and you have to convert it.
I have already recorded a MoXF version (with the flash library sounds) and am going to upload it either on Youtube or Soundcloud. I'll post a link then.

#389419 - 05/31/14 07:57 PM Re: Brandenburg Concerto 3 live on Roland Integra-7 [Re: ]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Oops, the MoXF7 of course, is my hope, not current reality...

#389429 - 06/01/14 03:45 PM Re: Brandenburg Concerto 3 live on Roland Integra-7 [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Oh "7", yes, that doesn't exist yet...
But I can really recommend the MoXF with flash board, it's great that you have the flexibility to load third-party libraries with a medium-priced, lightweight synthesizer.
I've uploaded a comparison now, the first minute of Brandenburg Concerto on MoXF expanded with flash libraries, followed by the Roland Integra version. To me, all in all they are on a par, the harpsichord of the MoXF (actually of the Garritan library in the MoXF flash) is better.

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/bach-b...oland-integra-7

#389440 - 06/02/14 09:31 AM Re: Brandenburg Concerto 3 live on Roland Integra-7 [Re: ]
PraiseTheLord Offline

I agree, both sound wonderful, maybe a slight edge to the MoXF for clarity and realism!

#389441 - 06/02/14 09:38 AM Re: Brandenburg Concerto 3 live on Roland Integra-7 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
PraiseTheLord Offline

I am waiting in hopes for a MoXF7, because I want at least a 73 key keyboard for home/studio use, but I'm reluctant to go to a full weighted keyboard such as the MoXF8. So I'm going to use a M-Audio Keystation 88 which is semiweighted as a master controller for my Korg Pa900 for a while.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online