Topic Options
#396324 - 11/24/14 09:30 AM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

no comment...

#396325 - 11/24/14 10:32 AM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Sorry, I misunderstood Donny's post, I thought he referred to my Soundcloud comparison SRX 06 vs. Motif.

Regarding the Integra - Kurzweil comparison: I know Kurzweil is simply the best hardware instrument for strings. However, I would have expected more realism from Kurzweil than what I hear in this example. But the Integra doesn't sound too realistic either here (although the sequencer work is very good (!), I had already heard it in the Facebook Integra group). I think it's a draw in terms of realism.
However, Synth O'man has, for some reason, not used the best Integra strings from expansion SRX 04 for this work, only strings from SRX 06, which date from the late 90s.
But I heard some brilliant Kurzweil strings, I think Kurzweil is probably still ahead of all competitors in this field.

#396357 - 11/24/14 07:10 PM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I think I agree with your assessment, Rosetree.

From all the demos I've heard so far, Kurzweil seems to be the best for strings (and orchestral - woodwinds, orch. brass...).

#396364 - 11/25/14 07:39 AM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Rolf,

Nice !! I also like some of your other performances using the Interga + Motif setup too. IMHO a bit more of reverb would give it a nice ambience. For hardware, not much choice for me I own S950 and an SD-2 smile I like layering Studio and Concert Strings with reverb and dsp settings on my S950. For software string sounds, I like the sounds of a more lush orchestra. The preset combi called "Huge Orchestra and choir" found on Garritan`s "Instant Orchestra" is great to quickly get a huge orchestra feel.

A small take using the above combi => Test sample Garritan Instant Orchestra

Thanks again for sharing. I enjoy your demos.

Auron Music

#396381 - 11/25/14 02:32 PM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

@Jez: Thanks for your interest in my demos. The Garritan orchestral combi sounds very nice. I also like the Garritan GPO Lite strings I have in my MoXF flash. All in all, they have a good depth, probably it is quite perfect to mix them with various Integra strings.

#396386 - 11/25/14 04:54 PM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I just recorded an alternative version, the lushest strings I could compose in the Integra, consisting of SRX 06 'Big Strings' and SRX 04 'Full Section' and lots of reverb. It's really a 'vast' string section.
http://youtu.be/wL_YHXDOfa0

#396389 - 11/25/14 08:02 PM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Rosetree, there is a big difference between this recording and your previous one of Adagio for Strings. This newer version sounds more like Kurzweil's strings. I like it a lot. Thanks for posting your videos.

#396397 - 11/26/14 02:59 AM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: Mikem]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
@Rolf: Superb !! Lush indeed smile

This tune almost gives the feeling that the notes are climbing a spiralling staircase. Although there have been quite a few pieces which Samuel Barber composed, many remember him for this piece.

Samuel Barber would have been tired of being praised for this tune everywhere he went ... In an interview he said: "I wish you'd hear some new ones. Everyone always plays that." smile

Auron Music

#396403 - 11/26/14 06:57 AM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

I don't know if you've seen this video, but I think it sounds very good! Would you believe the Brandenburg Concert no.2 by Bach played on a Yamaha PSR-S910? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr44xwsrFrM

Edited by Mikem (11/26/14 07:01 AM)

#396407 - 11/26/14 07:27 AM Re: Sad, sadder, saddest [Re: Mikem]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mikem
I don't know if you've seen this video, but I think it sounds very good! Would you believe the Brandenburg Concert no.2 by Bach played on a Yamaha PSR-S910? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr44xwsrFrM

That was excellent, considering was basically played "live", and even more impressive, on a mid-line keyboard, mind you, one with a few really nice SuperArticulated sounds.

I have that same style, BaroqueConcerto on the Tyros4...he certainly makes the most of it, plus he's a good player to begin with.

Good find, Mike.

Ian

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online