SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#396623 - 11/30/14 01:52 PM Summer fun-time wedding music
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I just booked an early summer, on the beach (in Cape May NJ) barefoot, Hawaiian shirt wedding ceremony with my SMALLEST setup ever - Ukelele and vocals! I will bring a battery powered amp in case the wind factor is in play, but it's a one trip from the car deal, for sure ... I'm excited! Somewhere over the Rainbow for processional and Wipeout for recessional! Fun, huh?

#396624 - 11/30/14 02:23 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I just booked an early summer, on the beach (in Cape May NJ) barefoot, Hawaiian shirt wedding ceremony with my SMALLEST setup ever - Ukelele and vocals! I will bring a battery powered amp in case the wind factor is in play, but it's a one trip from the car deal, for sure ... I'm excited! Somewhere over the Rainbow for processional and Wipeout for recessional! Fun, huh?

Good luck Dave sounds like a fun Gig....weather permitting.
Are you playing for the reception also ?

#396625 - 11/30/14 02:49 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Barefoot weddings are a lot of fun. I did one on a houseboat last summer - it was a ball.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396630 - 11/30/14 04:44 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
..... and Wipeout for recessional! Fun, huh?

Wipeout on ukelele?!?!? ... you GOTTA record that for me ... guitar

#396631 - 11/30/14 04:45 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WAIT ... it's been done already !!! ...

Edited by tony mads usa (11/30/14 04:45 PM)

#396632 - 11/30/14 04:55 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Here's some photos of the one I did on the houseboat.

No one wore shoes, the booze flowed, the music went on till late into the evening and the bridge and groom now live on the house boat, which is currently in Hilton Head, SC.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#396785 - 12/04/14 01:29 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

Cape May is an interesting location regarding climate. I read it is the mildest spot in that part of the US East coast, which is logical due to the peninsular position. Is it possible to grow subtropical plants there? I guess not, I found the northernmost point to reliably grow citrus plants or palm trees is Virginia Beach - although I don't know how well such plants are doing there now after the last winter in the Eastern US. (Sorry for the OT post).

#396849 - 12/06/14 11:36 AM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm excited because it's a very good friend/coworker's daughter, and an honor to be trusted with the ceremony. Her uncle has a classic rock band who will do the reception as I enjoy dinner and conversation with the guests. Nice work if you can get it!
As for "wipeout" ... the bride is expecting a track with my lead, but who knows - maybe I can work up a better arrangement solo. Either way - can't wait.

#396855 - 12/06/14 03:46 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Dave, I have a style file for Wipeout, but it's a Yamaha style. If you want to convert it, I'll be more than happy to email it to you.

Gary cool

#396962 - 12/09/14 06:00 PM Re: Summer fun-time wedding music [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Thanx Gary ... I think I'm going to go old school on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online