SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#396791 - 12/04/14 03:29 PM Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown????
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I mean other than for entertainment???
Is this how people really think in North America???

I really hope they don't. Or at least big majority doesn't.

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/u9FfXIHNVL8[/video]

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#396857 - 12/06/14 04:18 PM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: mirza]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I think every country has a version of him spouting extremist views.

#396880 - 12/07/14 08:39 AM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: Nigel]
mirza Offline

Nigel, that is my exact point here. Extremist is extremist, whether Christian, or Muslim or Jewish or any other extremism.

To me O'Reilly is not any different than any Islamist from Middle East who want to get rid of anyone else who doesn't think like them. Unfortunately for us here in the West he is on national television and many, many people watch him. And they are the real problem in my opinion, not O'Reilly. He is just another clown.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#396896 - 12/07/14 05:15 PM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: mirza]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Here is a great discussion between John Cleese and Bill Maher on religious fundamentalism.

#396908 - 12/08/14 08:33 AM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: Nigel]
mirza Offline

Here is another one from John Cleese.

And I have to say I do love this guy and work se has done .From Monty Python to Fawlty Towers and lots more.

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/t5gm9hoTw6Y[/video]

Edited by mirza (12/08/14 08:33 AM)

#397085 - 12/14/14 09:25 PM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: mirza]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Keep in mind, the O'Reilly is considered the "reasonable" one of the Fox news evening lineup...

I wonder if he gets another sit-down with the POTUS this Super Bowl?

#397102 - 12/15/14 03:49 PM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
mirza Offline

Bill, that is exactly my point in what's wrong with this world. When someone like O'Reilly is "reasonable".And people that agree with him. Hehehe
It doesn't even matter if a person is religious or not here. It is a fundamentalism at it's best.

Edited by mirza (12/15/14 03:55 PM)

#397107 - 12/15/14 05:23 PM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: mirza]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
mirza,

I'm not a political person, and I don't want to get involved in any political discussions, but if I had to show any colors, I would consider myself a conservative like Bill O'Reilly.

Now, after seeing this post for the umpteenth time, I ask YOU......how would you feel if someone wrote a post here referring to your Prime Minister as a buffoon?

I don't know what he said on the video.....I'm not able to watch it. But, FYI, Bill O'Reilly is considered a national treasure by many in America. He's been on television for quite a few years now and has written national best-sellers. He's also considered a role model for morality, civility, and plain old common sense. I think that speaks for itself, don't you?

I resent your description of him. The worst he's ever called anyone is a "pinhead." Maybe you can tune into one of his broadcasts and learn how to disagree without being demeaning.

MARK

#397126 - 12/16/14 05:49 AM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: Mark79100]
mirza Offline

Hi Mark.

Where do I start Mark. Bill O'Reilly is a bully, arrogant, he yells at his guests if he doesn't agree, he cuts his guests mics, he interrupts his guests, he is a pro war, he is delusional, he is dishonest , very "narcissist" and "misogynist", loud .... I could go on Mark.

And if you call my Prime Minister ," a Buffoon" , I would congratulate you because I would thing that you are thinking with your own brain here, and you are not afraid to say what you really think.

How can we talk about Bin Laden or Saddam, or Milosevic if we are the same as them. If we are pro war as them. If we are radical as them, if we are simply idiots as them . How can we let young boys go to wars for few barrels of oil and lie to their families what they actually died for. It's easy to live in a bubble and believe what the "FOX" says. And all this has nothing to do with Christian values. It has to do with humanity and ability to look over the fence and see what is going on. And at the end to look in the mirror and see who we really are. One of the worst human conditions is choosing to be blind.

We need more compassion for each other, we need to listen more and try to actually understand the meaning.

You should know this better than I do. I am only 38 and here that is young, eek What would Jesus do??? Do you really think that Jesus would agree with Bill O"Reilly, or you ?? Where is compassion for other human beings ?? Not only whites or Christians.

A National Treasure ??? Really, that is what America has become.??????????????? I am hoping it's not, because I have a lot of American friends who are also Christians but also who know right from wrong without looking through religion.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke

Edited by mirza (12/16/14 05:53 AM)

#397127 - 12/16/14 05:58 AM Re: Bill O'Reilly- Who watches this clown???? [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Everyone knows that no reasonable, rational person is ever going to win an argument with a "true believer". The words 'Religious Conservative' have become synonymous with bigotry and intolerance, and O'Reilly personifies this blight on society. If you want to know who Bill O'Reilly is and what he stands for, you need only look at the people who 'admire' him. He constantly fans the flames of bigotry, hatred, and not-so-subtle racism from his bully pulpit at (where else) Fox News.

To see him as a "role model for morality, civility, and plain old common sense" is to see the world through a set of very dark political, social, religious, and cultural filters that tend to embrace those things that favor YOU and give YOU privileges denied to those who don't embrace YOUR philosophy (or race, or religion, or politics).

Of course, everyone has a right to his or her opinion (alledgedly) but be aware that you WILL be defined by it. I'm always amazed (and befuddled) when I see otherwise intelligent people fall for this kind of propaganda that is so at odds with basic human values and sensibilities.

BUT, in the end, getting the great unwashed masses to think, act, and VOTE against their own interest (by making them feel somehow superior to their neighbor) has been VERY good (financially) to the O'Reilly's, Hannity's, Cain's, and Limbaugh's of this world. At $30M/yr (Limbaugh) it's hard to blame these guys for feeding the dragon.

chas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online