SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#399171 - 02/05/15 05:26 PM Re: How many of you guys use the OTS or STS as is? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Thanks for all the great responses...
I am currently setting up 10 RH and 10 LH Sound bars (Like registrations) on vA2 and I was curious to everyone's feelings on the OTTB STS/OTS.

When I had the T2 and the PA2XPRO I like some of the STS/OTS, but I admit I did like you Ian...used a lot of the same sounds in set places so I always knew what I had.

I do more orchestral stuff and standards, musical theatre etc...so I will carefully setup the sounds to support that.

Thanks,
Lee

#399172 - 02/05/15 07:30 PM Re: How many of you guys use the OTS or STS as is? [Re: leeboy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
While I love my Pa900, some of the STS settings for certain styles make me wonder what the designers were thinking ...
I have revised a good number of STS to my liking, but 99% of the time there is a piano voice - Grand/Electric/Rock/whatever - as the first RH voice ... I have set many of the 'Jazz' styles and 'standard' ballad styles with Piano, Vibes, Jazz Guitar, Organ as the lead voice for STS 1 through STS 4 respectively ... STS 1 is quite often set with the Piano/Vibes/Jazz Guitar as the 3 voices in STS 1 and I will use all three to get that 'Shearing' sound ...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online