SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#421824 - 05/30/16 11:14 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: frankieve]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I had a Korg MicroArranger and really had a great time with it. Used it many times as a stand-a-long gig keyboard. It loaded just about all the Korg Legacy styles and they provided a lot of options for songs. I also used John Smies Resources for it and that made a huge difference in sound quality. With my Bose L1 Compact it was surprising how good it sounded. I have small hands so the smaller keys were not a problem. I would still be using it today had the mother board not failed. I suspect there will be ample sales of this new one to make it worth Korg's time to produce it.

Deane

#421826 - 05/30/16 11:58 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: RMepstead]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: RMepstead
Trouble is - it's not a toy...if you can get past the fact that it's a microarranger (smaller keys) and hook it up to better quality speakers e.g. your normal keyboard, then the style files for the nearly 100 Beatles songs are fabulous.

I guess those style files are also available as user styles for pa4x?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421841 - 05/31/16 04:20 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: Bachus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Why would a company that is serious about arrangers and musicians design a toy like that?

I guess the question should rather be why would a serious company like Korg leave thousands of folks with a bug ridden top of the line arranger keyboard for many, many months, but getting back to your question:
This keyboard which is essentially the Micro Arranger as remarked by many ( the Beatles styles have a very different format and in that way cannot be copied into other Korg arrangers not even, to the best of my knowledge, in the KMA)
IS NOT A TOY, far from it. The contents ( sample, sound and style wise ) of the KMA are IDENTICAL to PA50, PA80 and basically the PA1X. So what you get, particularly if there is a secondhand one on offer or a Sale going on, is a very substantial arranger keyboard that is ideal as an add-on for those not playing a Korg arranger keyboard. The small keys are actually not that much of a problem ( ask Colin) but that is basically irellevant if you have another keyboard or masterkeyboard, enabling you to play the KMA ( and the Liverpool) via the keys of your main keyboard. So Bachus, defintely NOT a toy.

Regards
John

P.S.
As most of you know I have played the PA50,80,500,800 extensively and I would even venture to say that the drum samples on the original PA1X/PA80/KMA are slightly better than on the PA2X/PA800series. The latter could be enhanced by loading "Real Drums " ( probably from the first line up) into the RAM memory........

#421842 - 05/31/16 04:53 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: jingleman]
rosetree
Unregistered

As far as I know, the keys are only shorter, but not narrower compared to ordinary keys. So, in that regard I wouldn't call it a toy either. It would be appealing to me if Korg released a new micro arranger based on PA-4X, but without built-in speakers and with a more pro design.

#421843 - 05/31/16 06:03 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: ]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
In regards to John Smiles post. This is what I posted in the Pa4x forum on the Korg Forum.

After reading all of the complaints and bug issues, on the Pa4x, I have to put my two cents worth in. Look at my post on the Pa3x site "LCD SCREEN WENT BLANK". I am waiting for a part for 7 Mos from Korg. Cannot use it.
Buying a Pa4x is like going to a car dealer he says I will sell you this car at full price. It has a v8 engine but only four cylinders are working, The transmission is a five speed but only three gears are working. You pay me full price and we will fix it later on. In the mean time you drive it the way it is. I'm sorry but after the trouble I have had with the 3x, Reading the complaints on the 4x I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT. If I offended anyone I'm Sorry but at this point I am so frustrated with Korg I had to get my opinion in.

#421845 - 05/31/16 06:16 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: jingleman]
hammer Offline

RC,
You really are right on target with your post. My MicroArranger sits broken and can not be used for the same reason - NO PARTS!!!! It was in the repair shop for 4 months and they could not even get a proper reply from Korg! I finally found a place to get a mother board. The darn thing was over $600.00 for the mother board. Guys, the KMA's full retail price is less than $500.00.

I too, have given thought to the PA4X but is is hard to make that plunge right now. By the way, I have also owned the PA1X, PA2X Pro and had not problems with them.

Deane

#421890 - 06/01/16 07:33 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Here is how I used my KMA on gigs.
Deane

Attachments
KMA Gig 4.jpg

Waltz Across Texas.mp3 (50 downloads)

#421897 - 06/01/16 01:19 PM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: hammer]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
What a smart set up Deane, real nice.

John C.

#421898 - 06/01/16 01:21 PM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: bruno123]
hammer Offline

Bruno,
I use this setup frequently when I play at various floors or rooms at the same location. Very easy to move from one place to the other. I no longer can use the KMA - it broke.

Deane

#421918 - 06/02/16 04:52 AM Re: Another New Korg Arranger [Re: jingleman]
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

I am using the KMA as a stand-alone arranger and as a midi controller for the music programs on my iPad with no problems. I have not used it for gigging - more as a recreation/vacation keyboard - but I enjoy it and think it's a great instrument for the price. I guess I do use it as a toy in that respect. Sorry to hear there are repair issues ongoing... the keybed strikes me as a little flimsy but so far it hasn't given me any trouble.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online