SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#408346 - 09/15/15 09:43 AM To Henni from Russ.....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Henni,

We are obviously different people. It bothers me that we bump heads often. I don't want to do that.

I'm opinionated and not afraid to let people know what I think. Please know that when I give my opinion, I'm not slamming an opposing idea or implying that I have the only answer. I'm merely exercising my right to have a different opinion and explain why.

Musicians have ego's, and I have more of one than I should have. It inadvertently shows it's ugly head when I don't mean for that to happen.

We'll probably never agree much, but I'm committing to you that I'll be respectful and support your right to your opinions
and have an open mind about your approach to music.

It should come as no surprise, but I'm not a very religious person. I do, however respect your efforts to make the world a better place through your work.

All the best to you and our wife.

Russ (the hard-head) Lay

#408347 - 09/15/15 09:54 AM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: captain Russ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If the world would have more of this, it would certainly be a better place. With , or without gods.

Sorry for butting in.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408353 - 09/15/15 11:02 AM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Russ,

Tx for the well wishes. I hear what you say. I do things different, but I do obtain the results I'm after.

No ill feelings anymore whatsover.

All the best,

Henni

#408431 - 09/17/15 06:49 AM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: Henni]
captain Russ Offline

Thanks! BTW, the changes on the 2nd piece you posted are similar to two of my favorites of all time:

* "Song For My Father"...Horace Silver. One of my top 10 all-time favorites.

* "Happy Together"...the Turtles. A happy, having fun song from an extremely popular 70's group...fun to play and sing.

A good, solid structure to use to write good material.

Be well,

Russ

#408432 - 09/17/15 06:57 AM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: Henni]
captain Russ Offline

And, as always, thanks to Mirza. Class act all the way; uniquely sensitive to critical world efforts. And, he takes time to try to sort things out and put them into perspective.

I'm really glad you're here.

R.

Edited by captain Russ (09/17/15 07:00 AM)

#408435 - 09/17/15 07:34 AM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Russ,

So that's a rather well known tune then. Our version is from an composition by a very popular South African Gospel group called "Onbeskaamd" (attached).

Difficult to play it live like that using only an arranger, but we gave it a shot. Man, THAT's my kind of music. Wow!!! Awesome stuff!!!

Cheers,

Henni

Attachments
01 Track 1.mp3 (15 downloads)

#408438 - 09/17/15 08:26 AM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: captain Russ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Captain Russ, you are too kind and knowing myself the best, I certainly know that I don't deserve these kind words. eek

But, thanks anyway for them.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408552 - 09/18/15 10:46 PM Re: To Henni from Russ..... [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

* "Happy Together"...the Turtles. A happy, having fun song from an extremely popular 70's group...fun to play and sing.

Russ

They were fantastic as The Turtles and also later when they became Flo And Eddie and performed on a number of tours with Frank Zappa on more adult rated material ... but still musically fantastic. I saw The Turtles some years ago at a 4th of July concert outdoors in Ojai California. Halfway through the show they just started taking requests from the audience and played and sang them flawlessly regardless of the style. True artists.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online