SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#41040 - 10/24/05 11:41 AM Jaybirds Playalong #15
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello all Jaybirds enthusiasts (and we hope you are many!),

Just to let you know that Playalong # 15 is now available for download from KESO. http://www.keso.nl/ Called STRICTLY OLDE-TYME, it is a super medley of old time waltzes played in organ style, using a wide range of sounds from both the Organ/Accordion Sound Group and also from the Pipe Organ section in Sound Explorer. We hope you enjoy listening to and playing it and also perhaps even dancing to it.

As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome, either posted here in the SynthZone Forum or sent separately to any of us via e-mail. We certainly hope you all enjoy hearing and working with the Playalongs as much as we enjoy preparing them for you.

Happy playing!

The Jaybirds:
Colin, UK
Joyce, UK
Joy, New Zealand
Ted, the USA Yankee

#41041 - 10/24/05 01:39 PM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
The Jaybirds:
Colin, UK
Joyce, UK
Joy, New Zealand
Ted, the USA Yankee
Thank you so for your wonderfull STRICTLY OLDE-TYME and others.You give, thank you all for your songs.

------------------
rog.

#41042 - 10/25/05 01:02 PM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree,thanks from me for all the good work you've done and hope you will continue to do so. I may, sometime, get around to putting some of my sheet music collection on screen in thas way.
Just one query? I seem to be able to get only 10 songs in one folder, is this correct or am I doing something wrong. It may be, as the saying goes 'I can't see the wood for trees'
Regards
Peter B.

#41043 - 10/26/05 04:49 AM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your kind remarks. It's gratifying to know that people do enjoy and appreciate what we do.

As far as your 'folder' problem is concerned, perhaps you'd let me know via e-mail (colin.leaney@homecall.co.uk) the precise nature of the problem, and I can comfortably, outside the confines of this post, come up with an answer. Look forward to hearing from you. Happy playing, regards,

Colin.

#41044 - 10/26/05 12:28 PM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Peter,

On reflection, an answer here will assist anybody else who comes across a similar situation with our playalongs.. Thus:-

You are quite right, and thanks for raising this query. The playalongs have a much larger size than normal sequences, because of all the bitmaps containing the on-screen music. So, in our experience, you can only get between 10-12 of them into one folder on your SD card. The exact number depends on the size of your SD card, and the way it's been formatted.

The number of playalongs you can get onto one floppy disk is even less. The capacity of a high density floppy is approx 1.44MB. The total file size of the first 5 playalongs is 1.125MB. The first 10 playalongs were 2.912 MB.

So, I hope these facts and figures will be helpful to everybody who downloads our playalongs. You must allow for the additional file size, due to the bitmaps. - Happy playing, and do let us know if there are any other aspects of what we do, which you feel might need looking into or changed.

Colin.

#41045 - 10/27/05 12:38 PM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Colin
Thank you for response.
I download all the songs into separate individual floppies then I load them into the keyboard then using sd tools I copy that to the folder and position were I want it to be. Ithen wondered when I got to position 11 that it would put in the name of the file but when I came to play back the file was empty. Then the old grey matter came a little bit to life and I thought. ah!! . the folder might be full.So then I repeated the process and applied it to a new folder and it worked, that is ??? on the first one. I loaded the second file in the same way but when I came to play back there was some screen data files missing, just blank!!, but further on in the sequence the picture came back on. This, of course, could be a download problem, I'm going to check that by downloading the file again and see that I haven't done something wrong. I have not been on the kn tonight (8.00pm.UK time) so I will now do another check now.
One thing I did use some of the files for was a dinner which I was invited to and asked to provide the music for and compliments came from the guests as to how nice the music was to listen to while they were eating. I did take it as a compliment, I think that is how they meant it.
Regards
Peter B
p.s. I have them on a 256card with just over 50 other folders (inc. SDWarehouse disks, Styles, and Technics Files.

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 10-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 10-27-2005).]

#41046 - 10/27/05 07:47 PM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
Carolyn Offline

Loc: Theodore, Al, USA
I downloaded 5 of the play along songs today. They are absolutely wonderful. I especially enjoyed "Land of Hope & Glory" This song is known to me as "Pomp & Circumstance", & was played as the processional of my high school graduation 53 years ago. This was also played at my grandson's graduation last year. Thanks so much for sharing this hard work.
Carolyn

#41047 - 10/27/05 08:57 PM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn:
I downloaded 5 of the play along songs today. They are absolutely wonderful. I especially enjoyed "Land of Hope & Glory" This song is known to me as "Pomp & Circumstance", & was played as the processional of my high school graduation 53 years ago. This was also played at my grandson's graduation last year. Thanks so much for sharing this hard work.
Carolyn

Thank you, Carolyn. The Jaybirds take great pleasure in preparing their Playalongs for all of you, and it is very gratifying to us all when one or more of you comment, especially when the comments are positive ones, such as yours. Look for future Playalongs, now in preparation. We hope you will enjoy them all,
past, present and future!

Ted Rose, the Yankee Jaybird, (speaking for all of us--Colin, Joyce, Joy and me)

#41048 - 10/28/05 02:36 AM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you all
I just downloaded #15. What a beautiful arrangement of an oldie. I must go back to the others to see what I missed.

I must admit I have been remiss, and on other projects. It has to be a bit of work on your collective parts.

Thanks again

Bernie

#41049 - 10/28/05 06:44 AM Re: Jaybirds Playalong #15
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi to All:
Colin, UK
Joyce, UK
Joy, New Zealand
Ted, the USA Yankee
Thanks for all the effort that you collectivly spend to bring us this special KN7000 presentation. They are all very good and enjoyable.
I particularly like "7th Heaven".
Also thanks to Cees for continuing to host the Jaybirds and all of the other guest players.
Best regards to All,
Walt
ps: Colin,it's good to see you posting again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online