SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#415406 - 01/27/16 03:42 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
.....OR, you could just come down and pick up my Kymco 500 (currently on Craigslist Atlanta) which is practically like new, is a lot more roadworthy (95mph easily), is fully decked out, always garaged, new tires, new batt., and.....well, it's a Kymco, 'nuff said. A LOT more bike for a lot less money. Check it out on Craigslist. It IS a tall bike though, so you may not be able to 'flat foot' it at stop lights.

chas

#415409 - 01/27/16 04:12 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
You guys seem to love Taiwanese scooters. Can't blame you, good quality and, as goes for most Taiwanese products, get more for less. By the way, do they sell Kymco in the US?

Taike

#415470 - 01/28/16 01:13 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Yes, Kymco is available here. Good stuff. Chas, what is the price of the 500? What year? What's the mileage. My friend Nod was a dealer, but Kymco didn't like the look of his shop and pulled it. He sold more Kymco than all the rest of the dealers in the state. My 2002 came from him.

Can I fly down and ride it back?

Russ

#415478 - 01/28/16 02:59 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
cgiles Offline

It's here Russ. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/5398376505.html

Yeah, you could ride it back but at this time of the year I'd rent a Uhaul trailer and tow it back. Special price for you, of course. I've also sold the Burgman, sold in 1 day for more than I paid for it. I'm not too old to ride, just too old to fall smile. I also have a lot of good music gear you can have (to keep or share with some of your musical 'charity projects').

chas

chas

#415479 - 01/28/16 03:12 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: cgiles]

Looks good, Chaz. I'm going to be in session on Sunday and Monday. I have an appointment to see the SYM at 1:00 PM on Monday. It is new and under warranty, with a local dealer to handle the warranty. While my friend, Nod can work on Kymco, he is not a dealer. The closest one is 75 miles away.

I am interested. I'll look on Tuesday when I return. If still available, I'll come see it with a trailer.

R.

#415480 - 01/28/16 03:57 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
cgiles Offline

Russ, don't even think about feeling obligated. It'll sell, I'm sure of that. For the amount of riding you'll likely due, you may be better off with the SYM. It's a great bike, I rode one, very peppy, and with the same Korean/Japanese reliability we're used to with the Kymcos. But it's here if you want it.

chas

#415849 - 02/02/16 08:46 AM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: cgiles]

Chaz, I bought the SYM yesterday. The dealer is going to deliver it to Nod, the local distributor and my friend. The 2 year warranty will be in effect.

This one will stay at my office, replacing the 150 Kymco as a "daily driver" to lunch, etc. It runs perfectly, but Kymco has discontinued it, and I'm worried about parts down the road.

If I like the 300 SYM, I'll get something bigger. SYM is selling a 500 overseas. I's like to have something new with a warranty.

Your's sounds GREAT. You'll have no problem getting that kind of money.

Be well, Russ

#415853 - 02/02/16 09:10 AM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
cgiles Offline

Congrats on the SYM, a great choice. Someone is coming up this weekend to look at (and probably buy) the Kymco. It's a friend of the guy that bought my Burgie. Quality stuff always sells. Next to go is the motorhome (wife isn't up to the travelling anymore). I'll probably take a 40-50k loss on that. Oh well, better than letting it sit there deteriorating from non-use.

Be careful 'til you get used to it (the SYM), especially if you've gotten used to riding that 150.

chas

#415889 - 02/02/16 02:21 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: cgiles]

Actually, my main ride is a 650 cc single.....M 40....360 pounds and rough as hell!

R.

#415901 - 02/02/16 03:56 PM Re: Another year dumber... [Re: Taike]
cgiles Offline

Oh, forgot to metion; I'm totally head-over-heels in love with that Cushman - it's downright beautiful. How many man-hours did you put into that restoration? Doesn't matter, it was worth it. So glad somebody remembers and cares about the good ol' stuff.

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online