SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#418674 - 03/23/16 10:04 PM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A PM is a private message. Click on MY STUFF at the top of the page, then MESSAGES.

#418694 - 03/24/16 11:05 AM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Mark79100]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Mark, I sent another PM. I personally would let them have it back and look at other manufacturers. See my PM for why.

Deane

#420237 - 04/21/16 09:49 PM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm on my 2nd 2-in-1 Dell laptop. I had to return the first one because it was defective. Now I'm having problems with this one.....the "touch-screen" is working somewhat better but not 100%. The "touch-pad" works, but the cursor freezes every so often. Dell said it's "bugs" in the new Win10 Home edition I have....that Microsoft hasn't worked out all the glitches yet.

That makes sense to me, but.......is anyone else here having issues like this?

I have about 9 more days to determine if I want to return this one too!

Mark

#420239 - 04/21/16 10:11 PM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
I'm on my 2nd 2-in-1 Dell laptop. I had to return the first one because it was defective. Now I'm having problems with this one.....the "touch-screen" is working somewhat better but not 100%. The "touch-pad" works, but the cursor freezes every so often. Dell said it's "bugs" in the new Win10 Home edition I have....that Microsoft hasn't worked out all the glitches yet.

That makes sense to me, but.......is anyone else here having issues like this?

I have about 9 more days to determine if I want to return this one too!

Mark

Nope, the windows 10 home edition with touchscreen works flawlessly on my PC..

But if you want a good advise, maybe you could post a small video of what actually happens... to do this open the windows task manager and choose the performance tab... this shows what the computer is actually doing once your screen freezes up... check for both CPU, memmory and disk..

(you can open the task manager by right clicking on your taskbar in desktop mode)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420241 - 04/21/16 11:19 PM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Bachus....I could try this Task Manager thing. i.e. see what resources are being eaten up?

One of the other members here is helping me too. He said the same thing....his works "flawlessly." I must have the only two in the world that DON'T work "flawlessly!"

There's nothing really to video.....what happens is simply this. I'll be using the touchpad to move the cursor around and the cursor suddenly freezes in one place. I then have to take my finger OFF the touchpad to get it moving again.

I really like this laptop. I'm hoping I don't have to return it and get a third one now.

Mark

#420243 - 04/22/16 12:26 AM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Mark79100]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Thanks Bachus....I could try this Task Manager thing. i.e. see what resources are being eaten up?

One of the other members here is helping me too. He said the same thing....his works "flawlessly." I must have the only two in the world that DON'T work "flawlessly!"

There's nothing really to video.....what happens is simply this. I'll be using the touchpad to move the cursor around and the cursor suddenly freezes in one place. I then have to take my finger OFF the touchpad to get it moving again.

I really like this laptop. I'm hoping I don't have to return it and get a third one now.

Mark

From that description it looks like a faulty touchpad, so I am afraid it will have to be sent away to be changed. (If the problem was the same as last time, then it could be a faulty batch of touchpads that got into the supply chain)

Hope this helps

Bill

#420398 - 04/24/16 05:30 PM Re: need advice on purchasing a laptop [Re: Mark79100]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
When I updated my ACER laptop from windows 8 to 10, the mouse pointer as always not smooth. After some windows updates, it is now almost ok

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online